We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Next City on Tour

Which Jaipur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, FL
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Next City on Tour

After a week in Jaipur I have four days until I must arrive in Ahmedabad. Should I go to Jaisalmer or Jodhpur?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Next City on Tour

you can even cover either cities.over night train to Jaisalmer from jaipur and than a train from jaisalmer to jodhpur followed by a train from jodhpur to ahmedabad.

couple of days are worth for Jaisalmer and Jodhpur can be done by few hours.

Edited: 07 August 2011, 23:29
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Next City on Tour

try pushkar it will be faint memory after dutybad.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,964 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Next City on Tour

You can visit Mount Abu thtis highest point in Rajasthan. Only hill station in Rajasthan with beautifull Dilwara temples and a lake.

deepak

udaipur
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Next City on Tour

you can do jaipur - jodhpur - udaipur - Amd

or jaipur - jodhpur - Mount abu - amd

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Next City on Tour

Mount Abu is all the way off to normal route and doesn't even fit into itinerray keeping in mind No of days and nights.don't try to be in rush and rather get the most out of Jodhpur/Udaipur or Jaisalmer/Jodhpur.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
690 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Next City on Tour

Four nights is not a very long time. Make one city your base and then take day trips around it. This ways you will enjoy the place and not end up just packing and unpacking. Best would be to stay at jodhpur and go around on day trips. there are many options. chk jodhpur on TA.

Edited: 08 August 2011, 13:27
Tampa, FL
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Next City on Tour

Thanks for your replies. I think I will just stay at one and take day trips. But would Jaisalmer or Jodhpur be the most different from the other cities I am visiting? (Dehli, Jaipur, Udaipur, Ahmedabad, Zainabad)

India
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Next City on Tour

from jaipur take train at 5; pm and by 11:00 pm u will in jodhpur

Day 02 : jodhpur half day sightseen and drive to jaisalmer

Day 03 : jaisalmer half day sight seen and drive to sam

Day 04 : jaisalmer to rohit

Day 05 Rohit drive to Mt. Abu enroute visit ranakpur

Day 06 Mt. Abu to Udaipur

Dy 07 udaipur + late nighttrain to amd

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Next City on Tour

In Between Jaisalmer & Jodhpur.I Would recommend Jodhpur & also Udaipur is another choice you have !

Jaipur
Level Contributor
690 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Next City on Tour

See, the thing is, For e.g.all of europe is same...you knw when as a traveller i go to brussells or florence or barcelona they are all same but each city has its own character.... similarly in India all cities in a state are more or less the same but each has its own character.

For eg. Jodhpur's the Blue city, jaipur's pink and udaipur the city of lakes...so although you will find many a lot of common things within these cities but each has its own soul, own sights, sounds, smell and character!

I recommend Jodhpur because there is a lot of interesting stuff around to explore. Hope this helps!

Get answers to your questions about Jaipur