We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rajasthan with teens

WOLVEY UK
Level Contributor
343 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
rajasthan with teens

Hi,

Hoping you can help! travelling t o India in April 2012 with hubby and 2 teens (18 and 17) We are flying into Delhi and have worked out a rough timetable as follows:

Sat 1 Apri Arrive Delhi

Sun2 Apri Depart by train to Varanasi in late afternoon,

Mon 3 April Arrive Varanasi 09.38

Tues 4 April Depart by train 18.15 to Agra (we are restricted by train times here - next train departs for Agra on Thurs)

Weds 5 April Day in Agra Overnight Agra

Thurs 6 April Day in Agra Overnight Agra

Fri 7 April En route to Ranthambore stopping at Fatehpur Sikri night at Ranthmbore

Sat 8 April Ranthambore

Sun 9 April Sunday 9th April Ranthambore AM Depart for Jaipur Night at Jaipur

Monday 10th April Jaipur

Tuesday 11th April train to Jaisalmer Night at Jaisalmer

Wednesday 12th April Jalsalmer

Thursday 13th April Jaisalmer

Friday 14th April Depart for Delhi Delhi for night

Saturday 15th April Delhi

Sunday 16th April Depart for UK

My ideas really start unravelling at Jaipur and i have put in Jalsamer in as a time filler. So my question is : having two teens that would love to do some sort of camel /elephant trekking ,chilling out by pools,shopping at markets , people watching , soaking in local atmospheres would you recommend any of the above places to spend some extra time in? I have trawled reviews and come to the conclusion that Agra is not worth spending more than 1.5 days in. Any comments on the above welcome as I have not yet booked anything but the flights from Manchester.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Varanasi
Varanasi
Varanasi District, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer District, India
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Alter Ego
Gift & Speciality Shops
Artgem
Gift & Speciality Shops
Om Sai Textiles
Gift & Speciality Shops
K.L. Jewellers
Gift & Speciality Shops
India
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: rajasthan with teens

Hi , i think your itinerary is best only i would you like to give one suggestion to you that : Add Jodhpur in your itinerary because good local market near local tower and if you you wann see villager like than also add jeep safari in countryside area near by jodhpur.

For take train from Jaipur at 5:00PM and arrival at jodhpur at 11:00 Pm

and from jodhpur you can take train to jaisalmer at night or in morning

If it possible than also add udaipur in it that nice to see

thaks Nimbera

Muscat
Level Contributor
28 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rajasthan with teens

Hi have you thought about camel safari and staying in a homestead?Ramesh Jangid at Apani Dhani 222239 and his son Rajesh 224060 organise these and also treks. Might be good with teens, depending on how active they are.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
693 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rajasthan with teens

Hi,

I feel you could increase a day in jaipur. There is soo much to do here and so much around it that a day and a half isnt justice enough. Read about excursions in jaipur and day trips around jaipur to decide better:

…blogspot.com/2011/09/itineraries-for-explor…

…blogspot.com/2011/07/day-trips-from-jaipur.…

Hope this helps

UK
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: rajasthan with teens

I think it will be all good , just get a ac cab for rajasthan as it will be flexible and comfortable.

Cheers!

Clarck.

WOLVEY UK
Level Contributor
343 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rajasthan with teens

Thank you so much for replies - Im sure I will have lots more questions before we go

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rajasthan with teens

Since you are going to Jaisalmer can I suggest you look at www.hacra.org. This is a man who runs intimate tours (just you) of the desert and the desert villages where he lives. If you search on the Rajasthan forum, you will find spending a day or a day and a night with him in his traditional house in the desert is the highlight of many people's holidays. Gemar is a lovely man and I took my 17 and 22 year old boys and they loved it. He is situated about an hour's drive out of Jodhpur towards Osian/Jaisalmer.

One other observation on your itinerary: I would limit your time in Agra to one full day. You can do all the main sights in this time and Agra is not a place to linger, unfortunately.

Mentioned in this post
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
377 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rajasthan with teens

Hey

2 overnights in Agra will be a waste of time and money. Instead spend a day or so in Pushkar on the way to Jaisalmer. This is a good place for enjoying some Hindu temples and rituals and is a small place which will also allow you to relax and kick back in the evenings.

Also dont make Delhi just a port of entry, the city has a lot to offer to all kinds of travelers and can be a very exciting visit for young people.

Hope this helps

Udit Hooda

about.me/udithooda

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Pushkar
Pushkar
Ajmer District, India
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
719 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: rajasthan with teens

Hi Thepits

Some advice -

1 - Do not restrict yourself to trains Varanasi to Agra. You cna take trains from Varanasi/Mughal Serai to Agra/Tundla. This gives a large choice of trains

2 - 1 night is generally enough in Agra. Stay the second in Bharatpur to break the journey between Agra & Ranthambore

3 - The train Jaisalmer to Delhi can be excruciatingly long (remember the toilets arent the most hygienic). If you can include Jodhpur, the train Jodhpur to Delhi will be easier to handle

4 - Do not be too ambitious about doing camel safaris in April. The temperature will already be around 40 C during day time. Stick to an early morning safari if you want.

Have a great trip!

- Manjari

Mentioned in this post
Varanasi
Varanasi
Varanasi District, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Bharatpur
Bharatpur
Bharatpur District, India
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
new delhi
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: rajasthan with teens

Hello, Delhi to varanasi you go by train. and varanasi to Agra by Train and you rent car from Agra to full trip. by train this tour not passble.

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
10. Re: rajasthan with teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2011, 13:42
Get answers to your questions about Jaipur