We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My review with TGS - organising Golden Triangle Tour

KL, Malaysia
Level Contributor
85 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
My review with TGS - organising Golden Triangle Tour

I emailed them after reading all the rave reviews and to my surprise, they immediately responded with many suggestions.

I responded back, asking for options of cars and flexibility of schedule. On top of that, since they so nicely offered to help me find hotel, I gave them a budget which really low as I am trying to stay on budget. Once they seen the budget, the tone of voice immediately changed and they responded back by saying that they don't have anything for me and I should look it up somewhere. They even have the nerve to suggest I took trains or buses instead.

I was of course got angry - while I might want to save on hotels, I don't mind hiring a car...just because I don't want to spend so much doesn't mean I have no money to spend. I have considered all options before contacting them. This is of course the impression they have on me based on the hotel that I want that I do not have any money. It's absolutely rude and even told me off when I also ask for what is the best pricing that they could get for Samode hotels.

While I am on a budget, I do not mind splurging and that is one of the slurge that I am ready for and I am not stupid, I know it's out of the range but I can afford it. I've spend more than what I have allocated for this trip combined just on one bag.

Finally I told them to stick back to what I've asked for which is the car, if they are still intrested. Seems like they only like you when they think you have money to spend. It's so sad but these days just because you have money doesn't mean one will choose to spend it on anything and everything.

I won't hold my breathe waiting for their response.

Janu Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Rajasthan Four Wheel Drive Pvt. Ltd.
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Bike Tours, Multi-day Tours
Rajasthan Tour by Car and Driver
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Heritage India Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,672 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My review with TGS - organising Golden Triangle Tour

I really don't see why you should get angry. They saw that you were on a budget and therefore responded with ways to keep costs low, including bus and train. According to me, that is a sign of a good travel agent.

In the Indian market, for transport rates, there are different companies, some are very small, no overheads, no high levels of service, their transport quotes are also very low. Some like TGS offer very high quality of advise and care throughout the trip, their transport rates won't be rock bottom but will be higher, in line with the service levels. So usually for people who are travelling on a tight budget, the TGS-type company doesn't really work well because the traveller's primary concern is keeping costs low.

Knowing this, they have in good faith suggested ways for you to do the trip on a low cost. This according to me is a better approach rather than wasting your time and theirs in quotations. Every customer is not right for every tour company, there is usually a profile that works and a profile that doesn't. There is no right or wrong about it, and there is no need to get offended in my view if it doesn't work out. I know both Nikhil and Manjari, they are very nice people, and I'm guessing they did not intend any offense.

Kind regards

Deepa

KL, Malaysia
Level Contributor
85 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My review with TGS - organising Golden Triangle Tour

I wasnt angry about hotel arrangement bit (though it was rather presumptious of them to assume that I don't know and cannot afford Samode) as I was was not seeking their service with the hotels. They offer it at the first place. Hotel to me is something that is the least important because I won't be spending much time there.

But upon hearing my budget on the hotel, they immediately assume that I have no budget for the car at all and instead of entertaining my queries on the options of cars and flexibility of the tour, they told me to go get a train instead. Now why would I email them for car if a train is what I am looking for? I understand you get what you pay for and I am willing to pay but nobody likes to be told what they can or cannot afford/how to spend their money and esp when I want to spend on the car and touring.

I certainly hope I am wrong but I was made to feel like I am not worthy the time or day just because I am not looking to spend on hotels.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: My review with TGS - organising Golden Triangle Tour

If you want to get good value for money try www.tigersincorbett.com

Yes they do tiger safaris but they also arrange tours for the Golden Triangle and you will find no discrimination against rich or poor they treat everyone the same and will find something to suit your needs and budget

That is my personal recommendation

Jack

Edited: 09 January 2012, 17:42
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
710 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: My review with TGS - organising Golden Triangle Tour

Hello Daniel

I would like to apologise first of all in case you feel any of our advice was in any way offensive

You advised that your budget for a room for 3 persons was Rs 1100 to Rs 1900 per night. In our experience, people having such a budget normally opt for the smaller sub-compact car like a Tata Indica. However we feel that this car is a city car and not ideal or safe for long drives. This is why we had suggested you consider trains or buses as these would not only be cost effective but also safer than a Tata Indica

There was no intent to insult you. We were only looking at your interest.

I assure you that we do not just handle clients with a high budget. We have handled who have stayed in hotels for Rs 500 a night and we have happily arranged local sightseeing + trains etc. We have even just done train tickets for clients who have not even used our services for sightseeing etc. Our advice is always available for free to anyone.

Our priority is always to save money for our clients. If any of our comments inadvertently caused you any offense we again apologise

Hope you have a great trip!!

- Manjari

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My review with TGS - organising Golden Triangle Tour

Hi,

We just returned from a wonderful trip with TGS from December 25, 2011 to January 4, 2012. TGS is great and their service is excellent. I would highly recommend it to anyone whether or low budget or higher budget. The reason they ask you your budget is so that arrange your tour accordingly. They are the only tour company who show you each and every breakdown of their costs. There is no hidden expenses. I would be posting my report in couple days.

In short our trip was the best trip in India. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Nikhil and his team took great care of us. Nikhil called us everyday and we met with his representative/manager at every city we toured in Rajasthan.

Rukie1

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
710 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: My review with TGS - organising Golden Triangle Tour

Thank you very much Rukie1!!

7. Re: My review with TGS - organising Golden Triangle Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2013, 10:24
Get answers to your questions about Jaipur