We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jaipur-Ajmer-Udaipur-Jodhpur-Jaislmer

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Jaipur-Ajmer-Udaipur-Jodhpur-Jaislmer

Hello guys,

We are three families traveling with kids. We are starting our trip on Nov 25th from Jaipur. We are not based in Jaipur but will be there for a wedding. Want to get some taste of Rajasthan and have created a template itinerary after reading this forum:

1) Jaipur-Ajmer -Udaipur (5 hrs) . Stay O/N in Udaipur.

2) Sight seeing in Udaipur and then Udaipur-Jodhpur (4.5 hrs). O/N in jodhpur probably some camping

3) Sight seeing Jodhpur and then jodhpur to jaislmer (4.5 hrs). O/N in Jaislmer

4) Jaislmer sight seeing.

I have couple of questions:

1)Should we include Ajmer or not?

2) We are planing everything in 4 days. Is it realistic to do this with kids and a big group?

3) We are planing to do this by road only. Is it ok?

4) Does this route makes sense or you guys have better suggestion to minimize the travel time?

5) Is there something which I should add on to this list?

Thanks

swati

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,028 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jaipur-Ajmer-Udaipur-Jodhpur-Jaislmer

As it is big group so can restrict your tour up to Jodhpur only.

You can include Ranakpur and Kumbhalgarh on the way to Jodhpur.

deepak

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,603 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jaipur-Ajmer-Udaipur-Jodhpur-Jaislmer

Hi Swati,

I too agree with Deepak advise to restrict your tour for udaipur Jodhpur.

I suggest to skip Ajmer visit. But if you have time than go for : udaipur 2 nights,Jodhpur1 night jaisalmer 2 nights.

India
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Jaipur-Ajmer-Udaipur-Jodhpur-Jaislmer

Hi,

I suggest you skip Ajmer visit , from jaipur drive to udaipur ,02 night in udaipur and drive to jodhpur 01 night in jodhpur and next day drive to osian or manvar camp 01 night over thr. and back to jodhpur --- fly back .

Skip jaisalmer and send 01night in desert like osian near by jodhpur 65kms

because you wanna visit all place in 04 days / in jaisalmer you going for desert and that experenice you will get in osian or manvar .

thanks.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
700 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jaipur-Ajmer-Udaipur-Jodhpur-Jaislmer

Hi Swati

The driving times you have are suspect and most probably given by a US website based on average speeds in the US

For a 3 night/4 day tour from Jaipur and back to Jaipur, the most you can do is Udaipur & Jodhpur and even then it will be a lot of driving hours -

Jaipur-Udaipur via Chittor (no Ajmer) will be 7 hours and more in a Tempo / Mini Coach

Udaipur to Jodhpur will again be 6 to 7 hours. If you add a stop in Ranakpur then that will be another 2 hours. No Kumbhalgarh as that will add another 2 hours.

Jodhpur to Jaipur will again be at least 7 hours without Ajmer or Pushkar

It would be best for you to do a tour Jaipur-Udaipur-Pushkar-Jaipur

or

Jaipur-Udaipur-Jodhpur & then fly out of Jodhpur

Have a great trip!

- Manjari

Jaipur
Level Contributor
692 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jaipur-Ajmer-Udaipur-Jodhpur-Jaislmer

I completely agree with manjari. I had done udaipur, Jodhpur last year and we did it in 5 nights 6 days and still felt everything was rushed.

It took us almost 8 hours to reach udaipur from jaipur (we took 2 breaks- 1 for breakfast and one for loo stop).

If I were you for 4 nights i will just do Udaipur, Khumbhalgarh, ranakpur and Pushkar, ajmer and get back to Jaipur and fly back.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
774 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jaipur-Ajmer-Udaipur-Jodhpur-Jaislmer

Hi,

Trip which u r planning and expecting just in 4 days,in my openion its not possible and it will be not comfortable if u r doing.

in 4 days even to make trip from jaipur with including udaipur and jodhpur is also not possible and comfortable,specially where you r with kids and in group.

my friends suggesting u here lot related so after good plaing and thinking,then make final choice.

vijay gautam.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jaipur-Ajmer-Udaipur-Jodhpur-Jaislmer

hi

we just booked for our family with 4 adults,2 kids to reach Jaipur by flight and fly out from Udaipur. Reaching Jaipur late night and after 3 full days and leaving early morning the 4th day. Please suggest best route to travel and good places (not luxurious) places to stay during the trip.

Which are the best places to see?

We are not interested in camping out in the desert, by the way.

Thanks

Jyothi

Devpur Kutch
Destination Expert
for Gujarat
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jaipur-Ajmer-Udaipur-Jodhpur-Jaislmer

With just three days, stay the night in Jaipur on arrival. Spend the following day in Jaipur and catch the overnight train to Udaipur. Spend two nights in Udaipur and head back. Try to increase the number of days for your holiday. Surf TripAdvisor for budget hotels in Jaipur and Udaipur.

Have a nice trip.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jaipur-Ajmer-Udaipur-Jodhpur-Jaislmer

Thanks...but no jodhpur or any other place in between which is beautiful and can be squeezed in? would love to spend more days, but sadly very few days are possible :-(

jaipur
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan
Level Contributor
648 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jaipur-Ajmer-Udaipur-Jodhpur-Jaislmer

DEAR

In just three days you cannot visit Jaipur and udaipur forget about desert .My suggestion is just visit jaipur or udaipur in those three days if your holidays cant be extended any further . Generally jaipur , udaipur are two nite destinations and jodhpur one nite so you require min.5 nite \ 6 days .

Get answers to your questions about Jaipur