We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
269 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

The difference between the two hotels about 10K, so I want to make sure sure I chose the one that is best located and room/service/experience is nice. Would you choose the Marriott or the Rajputana if you had the chance? I had a talk with a fellow TA who had stayed at the Rajputana and he recommended it whole heartedly though he did say he was not aware of how the Marriott was. Can anyone from Jaipur or someone who has stayed at both weigh in on this? We will be staying for 3 nights next month and will have kids.

Thanks,

D

LA
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

Hi Desirees

Marriott is a new property in jaipur. It is located near the airport but slightly away from the traditional tourist places in jaipur. Around 10 km from the old city of jaipur. But the locality is very clean and quiet. The property is good. Food is also above average. ITC rajputana is an older property. Located near the railway station. In the heart of jaipur. The property is good but you may find the surrounding slightly less clean and more loud. The food is above average. Property wise definitely marriott is better. U can also try LALIT. located near marriott. a very new and amazing property. ....

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
269 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

Thank you for your response. I want to stay somewhere where I can get a feel for the city - so my concern, Marriott might be too far removed. I want to be able to step out in the evening for a walk in the bazaar and feel the local culture...Would you still recommend the Marriot in that case? Is Rajputana truly nice?

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

You could consider the Taj SMS hotel which has only 21 rooms where you would probably get a junior suite with a garden. It is next to the Rambagh Palace. The ITC Rajputana is not located in an area where you could step out and feel comfortable, though it is good hotel in every other way. You may also think of spending an evening at Choki Dani.

Both The Leela and Marriott are a little further away from the heritage section of the city and closer to new urban development.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

First of all. Rajputana ITC is under renovation due to acquisition of their part of Land by Metro rail. Hence I will never advice anyone to stay until unless the construction is over. You should Try heritage section as advised by prem:

Samode haveli / Alsisar haveli / Diggi Palace

Business Hotels: Trident / or Take a suite room in a 4 Star property which is close to the city centre: Royal Orchid - Park inn

DD

Dehradun, India
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

Hi Desirees,

I would suggest you Rajputana as it is very close to the city and would be approachable for site seeing options. The food is great. Also the kids can enjoy themselves inthe hotel. Although the renovation work is going on but the hotel is handling it very efficiently. Once you are inside you would not face any inconvenience. I just stayed with my family last week.

Pune
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

Hi Desirees

Rajputana is definitely a better option to stay is it is located right in the heart of the city and all the places of interest are easily approachable from the hotel. There is lobby renovation happening at the moment but the rooms and services are way more superior than other hotels. Also the dining options are undoubtedly the best in the city !!!

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
700 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

Just go for Rajputana its a good hotel.

Bengaluru, India
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

heyyy

rajputana it is !!! great food good rooms ...very centrally located and great staff..!!!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

Spate of one-time posters all recommending ITC.......something's not right.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,580 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

A new Hotel Marriott will my choice. You are not in city but not far from the city - No traffic jam by coming to city.

Get answers to your questions about Jaipur