We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November trip suggestions

Miami Beach
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
November trip suggestions

I am starting to plan a route through architectural and religious places in the north during November and would like some feedback from anyone with similar experiences or desires to do the same.

My path would take me to Delhi – 3 days, Jaipur – 2 days, Agra & Fatehpur Sikri – 2 days, Gwalior – 2 days, Orchha – 2 days, Khajuraho – 3 days, Varanasi – 5 days, and Haridwar – 5 days

I'm wondering if I'm spending too much / too little time in any of these places, and whether I should include any others along the way that should not be missed.

Thanks very much and I look forward to any suggestions and comments.

Lorenzo in south florida

jaipur
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan
Level Contributor
648 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November trip suggestions

DEAR

I would suggest only 2 days at dehli . 1day at neemrana fort than jaipur .

Add ajmer & puskar from jaipur .3 days are enough for varansi . Add rishikesh after haridwar . You can also do mathura , vrindavan from dehli .

India
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: November trip suggestions

yes,

you are missing 02 place

one is holy Lake or father of all religious river pushkar and one of the most beautiful fort of jodhpur (mehrangarh fort)

thanks nimbera

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
700 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: November trip suggestions

Hi Cincorobles

I feel Varanasi and Haridwar may be too similar. Varanasi is definitely a must but you could avoid going to Haridwar.

You could also reduce a night each at Agra, Gwalior, Orchha and Khajuraho

That should give you enough time to include Jaisalmer, Jodhpur & Udaipur. This way you would have a complete sweep of Rajput architecture in North India

Have a great trip!

- Manjari

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,611 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: November trip suggestions

Dear Lorenzo,

Your plan is not too bad but you are allocating too many days for a few places.

Agra to Gwalior is merely 100 KMS just 02-03 hours drive , train takes much less time to reach there, I do not suggest to stay any night there, if very necessary 01 night is more than enough. Khajuraho – Maximum -02 days, Varanasi – you can stay long, Haridwar & Rishikesh – if you are going for Yoga & Meditation purpose there you can stay long.

The following is my suggestion without knowing much about your travel need…

Delhi – 03 Nights

Varanasi- 03 Nights

Khajuraho – 02 Nights

Orchha-02 Nights

Agra – 02 Nights

Jaipur-02 Nights

Udaipur-02 Nights

Delhi -01 Nights

Rishikesh/Haridwar – 06 Nights

• You may visit Gwalior & Jhansi visit on the way Agra from Orchha.

• Rishikesh is very quite and calm place so you should stay there at last and can attend Yoga & Meditation classes.

Transport :

Delhi – Varanasi ( Overnight train / flight )

Varanasi – Khajuraho ( Flight / Overnight train )

Khajuraho – Orchha-Jhansi- Gwalior-Agra – Fatehpur Sikri-Jaipur ( By Car & Driver)

Jaipur – Udaipur ( Day train )

Udaipur- Delhi ( By Overnight train /flight )

Delhi – Haridwar-Delhi ( By Train)

Regards- Hari Mangal

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November trip suggestions

Lorenzo,

Skip Haridwar fully and 1 night from Khajuraho will provide you 5 nights for travel to Rajasthan. You can add

Jaipur-02 Nights

Jodhpur-01 Nights

Jaisalmer-02 Nights and then back to Delhi by train. So it gives you a lots of experience of rich culture and heritage of Rajasthan.

Sikander

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,611 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: November trip suggestions

Sikander@ If Lorenzo is planning to stay 05 days in Haridwar , it means, he wish to attend Yoga & Meditation classes there. I do not think , it is a good idea to suggest them to spend more time in Rajasthan.

7. Re: November trip suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2013, 19:12
Jaipur
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: November trip suggestions

Hi cincorobles

If your India visit emphasise on art and architecture , I recommend you to also consider Udaipur also. You can also spend one night in one of the numerous heritage building converted into hotels in Rajasthan , as it will give you an insight into the period buildings .

Also if you want to discover the cities like local , you can also have Heritage walking tours at Jaipur and Udaipur . For more information on interesting tourist activities in Rajasthan you can check out www.virasatexperiances.com

Vipul

brasov, romania
Level Contributor
2 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: November trip suggestions

Hi,

If you have time, do not miss Udaipur, jodhpur and Jaisalmer.

For Varanasi one night or maximum two nights is enough.

Rishikesh is excelent for yoga and meditation but you need 4-5 days minimum.

If you need a good driver I can recommend the one we had for a 3 weeks journey.

His name is Bhupinder Singh and his email is singhbhupi123@rediffmail.com. You realy can trust him, he speaks very good english and he is an excelent driver.

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: November trip suggestions

YES .... Jaisalmer should be in your list ,this place is most visited city for the mooment .