We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agra + Jaipur in a weekend?

San Francisco...
1 post
Save Topic
Agra + Jaipur in a weekend?

Hi there!

I'm planning a weekend trip, and its unfortunately my last weekend in India. I'm based in Delhi, and would like to leave on Friday after work, and be back in Delhi at or before 8pm on Sunday evening.

I'd like to go to Agra for ~ half a day (to see the Taj and maybe a few other sites), and would like to spend ~8 hours in Jaipur, not including an overnight stay.

Thoughts on the potential itineraries below... which of these would be best of the two given your travel time experience as well as "things to do" in Agra vs. Jaipur?

**Itinerary option 1: maximizes time in Jaipur, but additional overnight**

Friday Night (2.5 hr drive on the new freeway): Delhi -> Jaipur; spend night in Jaipur

Saturday: Spend day and night in Jaipur

Sunday AM (5 hr drive): Jaipur -> Agra

Sunday afternoon (2.5 hr drive on the freeway): Agra -> Delhi

OR

**Itinerary option 2: minimizes overnight cost; less time in Jaipur**

Saturday AM (2.5 hr drive): Drive from Delhi to Agra.

Saturday afternoon (5 hr drive): Drive to Jaipur; stay overnight

Sunday: Spend day in Jaipur

Sunday afternoon (5 hs): Jaipur -> Delhi

Edited: 05 November 2012, 18:07
Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
India
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Agra + Jaipur in a weekend?

Second itinerary is good , Because in this you will visit as sightseeing of jaipur also

One i would suggest you if it possible last night spend in sarsika

thanks nimbera

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Agra + Jaipur in a weekend?

Dear Katie

The second itinerary is better as there is no freeway that can take you from delhi to jaipur in 2.5 hrs ( as you mentioned in the 1st itinerary). It is a minimum of 5 hours journey.

This itinerary is much more planned and I think you should go for this one.

Cheers

Shubham

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agra + Jaipur in a weekend?

I agree your 2nd itinerary is better but either get a very early start on the Saturday or travel to agra on the Friday night so that you're not just limited to a Taj Mahal visit, there's other things worth visiting in Agra like the baby Taj, Agra fort and Jami Masjid

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,146 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agra + Jaipur in a weekend?

You can travel to Agra on Friday night. Night at agra and early morning taj and Agra fort and to Jaipur.

Or to save cost on hotels option 2 is serves the purpose.

deepak

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
delhi
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agra + Jaipur in a weekend?

hallo

I am also delhi based looking for a travel companion for agra and jaipur ... just in case ... :-)

Edited: 06 November 2012, 16:32
6. Re: Agra + Jaipur in a weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Jaipur