We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi-Jaipur-Chandigarh over a few days

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
126 posts
1 review
Delhi-Jaipur-Chandigarh over a few days

Hi,

I will be in India next week and will be leaving Delhi on Friday for a couple of days in Jaipur, and then hope to make it to Chandigarh from Jaipur, leaving Sunday morning.

Given the last minute timing and the fact that I have unsuccessfully tried several time to create an IRTC account, I think I ruled out the train options - unless you tell me a better way to go about all this, but I am also thinking the Shatabdi will be full at this point.

What are my options for Delhi-Jaipur (guessing car?) and, more importantly, does anyone know how I can get from Jaipur to Chandigargh over one day, for a reasonable price?

Thank you for your help.

Chloe

jaipur
Level Contributor
650 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Delhi-Jaipur-Chandigarh over a few days

DEAR

For dehli - jaipur there are many bus service round the clock .Rajasthan roadways Volvo buses from Bikaner house are very comfortable .

For chandigarh also Volvo bus avilable at 08:30 pm from jaipur sindhi camp bus station which goes upto shimla .

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,671 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Delhi-Jaipur-Chandigarh over a few days

Hello Chloe,

As far as train tickets reservation is concerned if you are not able to book train tickets on line u can also try to book tickets when you are here as there is a special tourist quota to book tickets right on the spot if it happens is good other wise option of car/buses is always there.

One more thing u will be so close to Agra...if u have never been before at the Taj Mahal try to include it .

The buses and trains are much economical than hiring cars.

For any other travel related queries search in the box above corner.

Regards

Rashid Agra

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Delhi-Jaipur-Chandigarh over a few days

Chloe:

A better option will be take the Friday morning New Delhi Ajmer Shatabdi Express to Jaipur and return by the same train on Saturday evening to Delhi. There are fewer train options available from Jaipur to Chandigarh.

Sunday morning board the Amritsar Shatabdi express to Chandigarh.

Titus.

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
5,261 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Delhi-Jaipur-Chandigarh over a few days

There are plenty of good buses are available in between Delhi - Jaipur-Delhi

& Delhi - Chandigarh-Delhi. No need to be panic about train reservation you can manage bus journey even eleventh hours too.

Please note Delhi lies in between Jaipur & Chandigarh so you have to go through Delhi if you will plan to go Jaipur to Chandigarh. It would be better to plan Delhi - Jaipur - Delhi & Delhi - Chandigarh- Delhi both places are almost 05 - to 06 Hours away by road journey.

If seats are available in Shatabadi Exp then your preferences should be Shatabadi for both journeys otherwise buses are better.

Hari Mangal

5. Re: Delhi-Jaipur-Chandigarh over a few days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2012, 15:08
6. Re: Delhi-Jaipur-Chandigarh over a few days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Jaipur