We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icon India Tours review

Level Contributor
195 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Icon India Tours review

Pros: Great arrangement by Sabu. Took care of little details that made us feel comfortable. He called us at 4 am in the morning when our plane landed in Delhi after a 20 hr flight from Toronto,Canada. That made us feel like we were in very good hands.

He kept in touch with us through a cell phone which he provided. He arranged for us to stay at his village for an authentic rural experience at no charge.

Driver was very experienced and expert at maneuvering the rough roads of India. Car was comfortable.

Sabu's price was also reasonable, considering that it was a custom tour just for two people (me and my girlfriend).

His itinerary was flexible and we booked one night at the Jaipur palace through a friend (not through him) and he was ok with it.

Recommend him highly because of his awareness of the preferences of western people(e.g- the driver always had the car stocked with mineral water), his flexible arrangements and making us feel safe and comfortable by always being on top of things.

I designed the itinerary mostly myself but he offered very helpful suggestions to get the most out of it. He made our trip pleasant, interesting and we had a great time in India.

Rajasthan Tour by Car and Driver
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips, Cultural Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Private Tours of Jaipur
Day Trips, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Heritage India Private Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Cultural Tours
Janu Private Tours
Day Trips, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Aberdeen, UK
Level Contributor
256 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Icon India Tours review

I'm tagging this onto here rather than starting a whole new forum post.

My husband and I just returned from a 15 day trip organised by Icon India Tours, and would highly recommend this company. We contacted a few agents in India and decided to go with Icon based on their speedy responses to all queries. The price was also very reasonable, much cheaper than any UK company, and similar to other companies we had contacted in India.

On initial enquiry, I had a good idea what we wanted to cover on our trip, and Sabu immediately phoned me to check a couple of things. Within 24 hours he had put together an itinerary which was perfect and we only made a couple of very minor changes to. I had already booked internal flights and he was fine with this, although he could also have booked them for us. Every query I had he replied extremely quickly.

On arrival in Delhi, we were met by our driver with a brand new very comfortable car. Every day the car had fresh water, diet coke and sweets, as well as tissues and wet wipes. The driver was a very experienced and safe driver. We were also given a mobile phone with Sabu and the drivers number to contact anytime, and Sabu called on arrival and a couple more times during the trip to check everything was ok.

After Rajasthan we flew to Kerala, and again we were met by a very good driver and immaculate car, also organised by Icon.

We had asked for mid range hotels/havelis, and this is exactly what we got, all were very nice and in a good location (I have reviewed each one separately).

After a very smooth and enjoyable trip, we would recommend this company.

2. Re: Icon India Tours review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2013, 14:24
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Icon India Tours review

Thanks for sharing your experiences, it will be helpful for others.

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Icon India Tours review

Thanks for sharing your experience but you should not write website name / email address of anyone on this forum.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Icon India Tours review

I have recently completed the Golden Triangle tour in January 2014 organised by Mr Sabu of Icon India Tours.

I chose this company and Trinetra after reading reviews on trip adviser but chose Icon due to the quick response to my email.

I went with the suggested hotels and itinery suggested by Mr Sabu after checking the hotel reviews on trip adviser, at all times the response from Icon was always prompt and on arriving in Delhi I was met by my Driver and shortly after received a call from Mr Sabu welcoming me to India and asking if everything was ok with the car and driver.

The driver and car was fine and I found the driver to be very steady and patient which you do need when travelling the roads of India.

The guides supplied by Icon in Aggra and Jaipur where excellent, very knowledgable friendly and helpful and like the driver very good timekeepers always arriving to collect you from the hotels on time.

Mr Sabu kept in touch daily to ensure everything was to my satisfaction even arranging a SIM card for me.

If you are considering any tour within India I can recommend Icon India and Mr Sabu as I was we'll looked after and always felt safe at all times.

6. Re: Icon India Tours review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 06:17