We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone recommend a driver from Jaipur to Jaisalmer

Bundaberg
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone recommend a driver from Jaipur to Jaisalmer

Hi,

my plans have changed and am now travelling solo for the first few days when arriving in India. I fly to Jaipur early on the 13th Oct and want to get to Jaisalmer the same day. Can someone recommend a driver,Im feeling a little anxious as its been 20yrs since ive been back to India and never travelled there on my own before. Any info appreciated thanks

India
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone recommend a driver from Jaipur to Jaisalmer

Jaipur to jaisalmer is very long drive alomst about 550kms so I will suggest you from jaipur take train to jodhpur n from jodhpur drive to jaisalmer it will cost you cheap also.

Or may take overnight train from jaipur to jaisalmer.

Thanks nimbera

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone recommend a driver from Jaipur to Jaisalmer

@rattymay,

20 years is a long time, Things are definitely very different then before 20 years :), but you will definitely enjoy it in here,

I think if you hire a bigger car as Toyota Innova , the journey to jaisalmer will still be long but a little comfortable then the smaller car or bus. You can contact the driver named Bhupendra, I have used him for my own guests , so i know he is well experienced in that area with good english skills. his email is bhupendra_arya@hotmail.com, Have a great time.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
578 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone recommend a driver from Jaipur to Jaisalmer

Its better to hire a cab from any reputed travel agent or go by train

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
774 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone recommend a driver from Jaipur to Jaisalmer

Hi,

I m fully agree with Nimbera,i will like to suggest you to take night train from jaipur.it will be very good and comfotable for you.100% better then go by road.

Vijay gautam.

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
672 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone recommend a driver from Jaipur to Jaisalmer

Agree with Nimbera. The better option would be to take cab from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer and you will also be able to visit place on route to Jodhpur and Jaisalmer

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
695 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Can anyone recommend a driver from Jaipur to Jaisalmer

You should fly to Jodhpur and then you can drive to Jaisalmer

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Can anyone recommend a driver from Jaipur to Jaisalmer

Dear Guest

nice plan to hire good driver for Jaipur to jaisalmer .

Only two options

first :- Better take a flight for jodhpur and then by road to jaisalmer.

second :- Arrival at Jaipur airport and drive thrown bikaner to jaisalmer.

its 330+340:- 670 kilometres but i sure you enjoy your drive through out bikaner to jaisalmer.

if you final your route by road to jaisalmer, then roads are very good, less traffic and with Toyota innova its take 10-12 hrs including few stops in between.

enjoy your journey with empty roads.

cheers

Bundaberg
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can anyone recommend a driver from Jaipur to Jaisalmer

Ok so maybe I should fly into Jodhpur instead , can anyone recommend driver from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer ? There is a flight leaving Delhi 11am arriving at 12pm ....If I could somehow book the train from Delhi to Jaisalmer from outside Australia I would but it does not allow you to online ....only 9 days till I leave Australia for India and feeling a little anxious now....

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Can anyone recommend a driver from Jaipur to Jaisalmer

Hi

if you take a flight for jodhpur then you don't need train booking but if you really travel with train then online booking is possible you will try again and again.

or send your details to someone for your train ticket arrangement. we can purchase your train tickets in Delhi and handover to you when you arrives.

if you really need some reliable driver for your upcoming tour please contact www.laltours.com

i sure when you email personally to some one your problem is short out.

please look some reform at Tripadvisor and final your itinerary with some trustworthy driver.

You have lots of time don't worry about booking.

have a good tour.

cheers

India
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Can anyone recommend a driver from Jaipur to Jaisalmer

That good option n I would also suggest if you coming back jodhpur from jaisalmer than hire cab till becz it cost you cheap.

If you hire cab from jodhpur to jaisalmer drop ,it charge round trip.so better hire for whole tour.

For car you may contact any local TA member ,he/she will help you.

Thanks Nimbera