We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip to Agra

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
day trip to Agra

I will be going to Agra with my daughter. I also want to make a day trip to Agra to show her Taj Mahal. How much would it be to hire a car for this day trip? Who would you recommend? I am a single female with a 10 years old daughter, so safety is a priority.

Thanks for your help.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip to Agra

Its doable but make sure Taj Mahal remains closed on Friday so plan you visit accordingly. It would be 4 to 5 hours drive one way. Tata Indigo or any sedan car would be fine for 2 adults and charges should around Rs. 5500 all inclusive.

Thanks,

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip to Agra

yeah the mentioned cost is good for a Day trip to Taj Mahal. There are many travel agencts who organize this trip , you can check out and decide according to the reviews one have got.

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,307 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip to Agra

Day trip is possible both by train and car....you can check the forum or search in the box above corner for transport recommendations....there are few members and DE on Agra forum they are guides too might help you in doing arrangements for this trip.

Regards

Rashid Agra

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,646 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip to Agra

Hi Pi1970,

Tripadvisor nominated destination experts would be most trusted reliable assistance for your day visit of Agra .. I know both DE of Agra are great and they will help your trip.

That means there are No other then these two .

there are more but being a member of Destination Experts community. I know them very well.

Have a Good time !

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
672 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: day trip to Agra

You have not mentioned the place of departure.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: day trip to Agra

If you are going to Agra by CAr from Jaipur then it will cost you around 5000 rs. Also as the sunset early in the evening so I will also suggest you to start the tour early in the morning you that you will be able to visit Fatehpur Sikri & Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary on the way.

7. Re: day trip to Agra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2013, 12:23
Agra, India
Level Contributor
587 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: day trip to Agra

Its better to hire a cab for Same Day trip to Agra.

Indigo car will cost INR 5000 (All inclusive)

9. Re: day trip to Agra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2013, 13:37
Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
672 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: day trip to Agra

If you hire a Indigo which is what you should be looking at because you are just two people it will cost around Rs. 3000.

Get answers to your questions about Jaipur