We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling between Delhi and Jaipur via Samode

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Travelling between Delhi and Jaipur via Samode

We are a couple to travelling to India for the first time for a friends wedding in February. We are flying into New Delhi a few days before, then travelling to Samode for the wedding itself. We plan to go to Japiur after Samode, then back to Delhi for our flight home.

Can anyone advise what would be the best way of travelling from Delhi to Samode, Samode to Jaipur, then Jaipur back to Delhi?

We were thinking of maybe the train?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
New Delhi
New Delhi
National Capital Territory of Delhi, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling between Delhi and Jaipur via Samode

Hi-

Delhi to Jaipur by train-- Samode and Jaipur sightseeing by car--- Jaipur to Delhi by train.

Arun

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
672 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling between Delhi and Jaipur via Samode

Delhi to Jaipur and back by train. Samode to Jaipur and Jaipur sightseeing by car.

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling between Delhi and Jaipur via Samode

The best option is to hire a car for the complete trip, although Train will be a cheaper option but there is no direct connectivity from delhi to samode so you can take a train till jaipur and from there you can go to samode by Car

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling between Delhi and Jaipur via Samode

Hi,

I would suggest you to hire a car from Delhi for the entire trip, that way you could also cover Taj in Agra and then to Jaipur and Samode. As this is your first visit to India, you have a chance to see things in the Golden Triangle circuit.

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling between Delhi and Jaipur via Samode

Hey,

We just travelled in the same route ! , but did not stay in samode . After landing at delhi we took a train , you really wanna save some bucks go for a train , i prefer flight , my mom has air sickeness. So we took a Train. We left by 3 pm and reached jaipur 9 pm stayed there . The name of the hotel is rani mahal you can book it on go ibibo.com which i did . You get coupons for discounts as well there . Or just drop me a mail i will help you out . You just take a taxi from jaipur to samode since its 40 kms from jaipur, check out the rates on net don't take it from the railway station you wil be cheated.

Una, India
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling between Delhi and Jaipur via Samode

dear samode near jaipur so ur free enjoy jaipur delhi-jaipur-delhi by flight or train samode only 53 km from jaipur

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling between Delhi and Jaipur via Samode

Delhi to samode by car and if you are at samode palace /Bagh for wedding you don't need any car during your stay in samode .

You need again car when you proceed for Jaipur which is only 40 KM and + 1 hours drive up to your Jaipur Hotel.

Have Fun !!

Yogendra

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
8. Re: Travelling between Delhi and Jaipur via Samode

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2014, 05:17