We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeing The Best Of Jaipur

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Seeing The Best Of Jaipur

When i travel to Jaipur in late March, i will be staying for a month. I want to use this time to see as much as possible. The question i want to ask from people is this : What do you consider to be the 3 things to see that are not to be missed? This could be anything from temples, markets, monuments etc. I will note down any suggestions that are offered and will endeavour to see them all.

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
1. Re: Seeing The Best Of Jaipur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 13:54
Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
672 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeing The Best Of Jaipur

Hi Gordon

This blog has the list of all the must visit places in Jaipur : http://goo.gl/3L8t7y

You may also want to visit Bhangarh Fort which is quite near to Jaipur and has been termed as the most haunted place in India.

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Bhangarh Fort
Bhangarh Fort
510 Reviews
Alwar, India
Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
5,043 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeing The Best Of Jaipur

In Jaipur , you should see Amber Fort , City Palace and Jauhary & Bapu Bazar.

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Amber Fort
Amber Fort
14,434 Reviews
Amer, India
Bapu Bazar
Bapu Bazar
212 Reviews
Jaipur, India
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeing The Best Of Jaipur

The must places to visit in Jaipur are Amber Fort, Jaigarh Fort, City Palace Museum along with Jantar Mantar, If time permits then you can visit the following sites too Tiger Fort, Water Palace, Wind Palace, Birla Temple, Govind Devji Temple, Galta Sun Temple, Albert Hall Museum, Vidhan Sabha, Akashardham Temple.

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Amber Fort
Amber Fort
14,434 Reviews
Amer, India
Jaigarh Fort
Jaigarh Fort
2,025 Reviews
Jaipur, India
Govind Devji Temple
Govind Devji Temple
632 Reviews
Jaipur, India
Albert Hall Museum
Albert Hall Museum
1,326 Reviews
Jaipur, India
Jaipur, India
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seeing The Best Of Jaipur

Hi Gordon. your great decision, you will come to pink city Jaipur for late march. I want to tell some important view about the Jaipur. Jaipur is the capital of Rajas than, here there are many forts, traditional thing, traditional temple, you want to see old culture is present, but shortly opening "Snow World Jaipur" in Jaipur. It's awesome, if you will have time go to Ajmer, here it's a nice place, there is only one temple in Brahma meander all over the world.

Edited: 16 January 2014, 07:38
Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Ajmer
Ajmer
Ajmer District, India
Jaipur, India
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Seeing The Best Of Jaipur

http://snowworldjaipur.com/

Edited: 16 January 2014, 07:39
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seeing The Best Of Jaipur

Thankyou to everyone who responded to my question regarding sightseeing in Jaipur. It has been very helpful to me, and i intend to see everything that was suggested. I look forward to this vacation very much.

Kind regards and thanks,

Gordon.

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seeing The Best Of Jaipur

Gordon - type in "Buying jewellery in Jaipur" as a cautionary tale!

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Level Contributor
52 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seeing The Best Of Jaipur

The three places I liked best in Jaipur were -

- Amber Fort and surroundings i.e. Anokhi museum, the obscure but fascinating Panna Meena ka Kund (tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReviews-g304555-d3321…)

- The not very well known/visited Royal Cenotaphs (en route back to the city from Jaipur) Reviews here: tripadvisor.in/Attraction_Review-g304555-d32…

- The City Palace compex housing the City Palace, Hawa Mahal and Jantar Mantar.

Watching the sunset from Nahargarh Fort and eating traditional Rajasthani food at local joints like Rawat Kachori or LMB (Laxmi Mishthaan Bhandar) are also quite an experience.

Hope you enjoy your stay :)

Edited: 23 January 2014, 12:14
Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Amber Fort
Amber Fort
14,434 Reviews
Amer, India
Anokhi Cafe
Anokhi Cafe
650 Reviews
Jaipur, India
Nahargarh Fort
Nahargarh Fort
1,869 Reviews
Jaipur, India
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seeing The Best Of Jaipur

ThanksAmiya for your response to my enquiry. It is appreciated very much. I will definitely see all of those sighrts you mentioned.

Kind regards from Gordon.