We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip out from Jaipur

West Yorks, UK
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip out from Jaipur

Hello everyone.

I'm coming to Jaipur in September for 5-6 days. This will be my 5th visit and although I love the place, I'm still keen to get out of the city for a day or two and explore.. and take lots of photos :)

I've sent a few emails off to tour agents which I've found in the 'Activities' section for Jaipur but so far have only had one reply. So I've come up with the following itineraries.

Do you think either of these trips are doable in a day?

Tour 1. Jaipur - Chaksu - Tonk - Ajmer (not Pushkar) - Sambhar Lake - Jaipur.

Tour 2. Jaipur - Nawalgarh - Dundlod - Mandawa - Jhunjunu - Jaipur.

Please feel free to chop bits out or maybe replace things if I've not chosen the best places to visit.

Maybe adding a sleepover at Ajmer/Mandawa if you think I'm attempting too much per day?

Thanks for helping

West Yorks, UK
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Day trip out from Jaipur

I think I need to go back to the drawing board :)

Leaving a Mandawa hotel on the morning to visit Jhunjhunu followed by that 6 hour drive to Delh to be there by 2pm is probably cutting it close.

@Anuroopa - If there's too much to do and too little time, I don't mind cutting down on the places to visit. It's not going to work now anyway because of the last leg to Delhi is too long. Love your blog too, that's a lot to read and am picking out things to do (and eat) in Jaipur.

I might just opt for the first plan (maybe Ajmer & Sambhar lake, no Tonk) especially since the tour company I've been in touch with seems to have dropped me.

@ Sangha - thanks too for that link to FindmyCarrots, I didn't know about that, it's a cool site :)

Thanks again everyone

Jaipur
Level Contributor
692 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Day trip out from Jaipur

:) glad the blog is of help. I recommend you cut down and take this at a slow pace for the same reason that quaint place should be enjoyed At a certain pace... Relax and enjoy!! Remember sometimes Less is More!!!

13. Re: Day trip out from Jaipur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Jaipur