We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3h between train arrival and flight departure: risky?

Kiruna, Sweden
Level Contributor
16 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
3h between train arrival and flight departure: risky?

Dear all,

I am arriving in Jaipur by an 11-hour long train from Jaisalmer at 04:30 in the morning. The only flight option out of it that fits my schedule is a flight that leaves at 07:35. The flight is operated by JetKonnect, I am not sure how early I need to be at the airport.

Considering the possible delay of the train, the distance between JN strain station and Jaipur airport and the time of boarding, would this be too risky or impossible, or totally doable?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3h between train arrival and flight departure: risky?

Min 2 Hrs. before you have to report at Airport (For Domestic flights)

Min 3 Hrs. before for International Flights

Check-in Counter close 45 Min before the departure flight time..(For Domestic Flights)

Check-in Counter close 01hrs30 Min before the departure flight time..(For International Flights)

delhiguide

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,717 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3h between train arrival and flight departure: risky?

Hi

If your train is delay then big problems with your flight. I hope you don't mind about delayed. But looking quite Ricky be careful please.

Thanks

Bangalore
Level Contributor
41 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3h between train arrival and flight departure: risky?

Very very risky. Suggest you book a later flight or postpone to the next day (stay a day in Jaipur). Once a train is delayed it invariably gets delayed all through as other trains which are on time have first preference.

4. Re: 3h between train arrival and flight departure: risky?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2014, 18:11
India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), India
Level Contributor
4,018 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3h between train arrival and flight departure: risky?

Some of the Indian websites which track trains suggest that the average delay time for this train is 21 min. The arrival time of the train is 04.50. That gives you enough time to make the flight, provided train is not delayed by more than 45 min. At the latest, you can reach airline counter 45 min before departure.

Tip: Do an online check-in to your flight from Jaipur on this link jetairways.com/EN/…WebCheck-in.aspx

Kiruna, Sweden
Level Contributor
16 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3h between train arrival and flight departure: risky?

Thank you all!

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 3h between train arrival and flight departure: risky?

It is not as risky.... Railway station to Airport takes 1 hour in the traffic.

So even if it gets delayed a bit like 30 mins, you have time to reach.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
698 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 3h between train arrival and flight departure: risky?

It is a risky connection. Where are you flying to from Jaipur?

New Delhi, India
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 3h between train arrival and flight departure: risky?

It may be risky in awkward situation otherwise sufficient time to reach airport..

jaipur
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 3h between train arrival and flight departure: risky?

rrtrtrtretretrtrtretrt

Get answers to your questions about Jaipur