We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fly or train from agra to Jaipur?

Hackensack, New...
Level Contributor
359 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
fly or train from agra to Jaipur?

I can fly Jet Airways from Agrta to Jaipur leaving Agra around 7am and be in Jaopur in 40 minutes or.. train leaving Agra around 17:00 and be in train for for 5 hrs.... opinions and suggestions? please reply to rosakontos@gmail.com

Delhi
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: fly or train from agra to Jaipur?

Hi, As per my knowledge, Jet Airways and other airline companies are not flying Agra - Jaipur sector so you can travel by train, bus or taxi only. If your travel by bus or train then your are not able to see Fatehpur Sikri, which is on the way to Jaipur from Delhi.

Have a Great Time!!!

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fly or train from agra to Jaipur?

You may want to factor in the 2 hours prior to check in that you need to be at the airport, the time to get baggage out from the aircraft and the drive from the aiport into your hotel, and the cost diff while deciding on the merits of travel in a prop driven short flight like this. These factors dont apply to a long haul1-2 hour flight by a jet aircraft.

Hackensack, New...
Level Contributor
359 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fly or train from agra to Jaipur?

Exactly my thoughts. and true, it appears Jet is not doing Agra-Jaipur...My itinerary right now:

-arrive Delhi late so that first day doesn't count

-2 full fays in Delhi

- 2 nights in Agra - morning train to Agra. I had planned 2 nights in Agra... arriving by the early train, visiting the Fort and Taj, and on the second day doing Taj early and Fatehpur Sikri....

- off to Jaipur (somehow) - staying 2 nights in Jaipur

-morning flight to Udaipur - 2 nights in Udaipur

-morning flight to Delhi

-overnight in Delhi for flight home next day

Now I'm thinking that if I can visit Fatehpur Sikri the second day in Agra or go stray to the Fort and Fatehppur on arrival and leave Taj for second day, then I could leave in the evening train to Jaipur??? Or is it better the 2 nights in Agra .... If drive to Jaipur with therstop in Fateh SIkri, then I will arrive late in Jaipur giving me just a day and a half there....

UGh!!!!! the troubkles of trying to fit the most in so few days!

Your thoughts are most welcome!

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fly or train from agra to Jaipur?

I have visited Taj twice, and on my last visit I felt that half a day was more than adequate for it. The rest of the programme looks good to me, and with enough time to do whatever you need to do.

There is a bird sanctuary at Bharatpur, accessible from Agra I believe( I dont have personal knowledge of this, its on my list of places to visit for next year!)where migratory birds come in the winter months .that you may want to consider visiting.

Overnight train may be a good bet for Agra-Jaipur.

Hackensack, New...
Level Contributor
359 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fly or train from agra to Jaipur?

Train from Agra CNT to Jaipur is a (suposedly) 5 hour ride leaving Agra CANTT station at 17:47 dur into Jaipur at 22:200

Is it possible to do Fort and Fatehpur Skri onmy arrival the foirst day in Agra and do Taj second day and off to Jaipur?

Is that "doable" or would it be too rushed??

Any other ideas?

Delhi
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: fly or train from agra to Jaipur?

Hi, i would suggest to visit Fatehpur Sikri on second day and take bus to Jaipur from Fatehpur Sikri to avoid return to Agra again as Fatehpur Sikri situated on Agra - Jaipur highway .

Hackensack, New...
Level Contributor
359 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fly or train from agra to Jaipur?

Thanks for your suggestion... can you tell me how I can find any info regarding bus schedules etc from Fatehpur Sikri to Jaipur?

Also,

which will be the best way to go to Fatehpur from Agra

what itinerary you suggest assuming:

-I will take the early morning train from Delhi to Agra arriving in Agra around 8:00

- staying one night in Agra and continure to Jaipur the following day either train or buss...

Thanks for your help

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fly or train from agra to Jaipur?

Fatehpur Sikri can be covered from Agra itself, infact when we visited last time the Tourist bus covered 3 places which included Taj Mahal & Fatehpur Sikri and other spot.

So dont get confused you can visit Fatehpur Sikri being in Agra itself and then travel by Train to Jaipur. There are overnight Trains from Jaipur to Udaipur and from Udaipur to Delhi as well. Just for your info.

wales united kingdom
Level Contributor
253 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: fly or train from agra to Jaipur?

Hi

We are going next week by train. Can you tell me how to find the tourist bus.

london
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: fly or train from agra to Jaipur?

hello,

it is my first time to India and I am not sure how safe will be to arrive in Jaipur (by train from Agra) my wife and I at 22:20hs. Any help on this?

thanks

Guillermo