We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon destination Ideas- flying from Madras,India?

Which Chennai (Madras) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon destination Ideas- flying from Madras,India?

Hello,

I'll be getting married in July 2011 and I'm looking for a suitable honeymoon location.

We'll be flying out from Chennai (Madras), India in the second week of July. I have a British passport and my fiancé has an Indian passport.

Somewhere with beautiful beaches, good food and some local culture would be great. I wanted to stay in a water villa or beach bungalow..something luxurious but not too expensive. The budget is around 1 thousand British pounds per person for hotel,flights and food.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,349 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon destination Ideas- flying from Madras,India?

Goa is your best bet if you want to keep the budget under control. Other than that, Sri Lanka is worth a look. But that will be the monsoon season in both India and Sri Lanka, so the sea won't be pristine blue but rough and grey-ish. Still, Goa in the monsoon has a charm of its own. Look in the Goa forum.

Chicago
Level Contributor
36 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon destination Ideas- flying from Madras,India?

Hi,

You can plan for Maldives, this could be best destination for honeymooner.....As per your requirement you can accommodation maldives only.....

Ko Samui, Thailand
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon destination Ideas- flying from Madras,India?

Fly with AirAsia to KL Malaysia and from there onto Langkawi island(tax haven, everythings cheap) again fly with Air Asia.Book your hotel with agoda so you have place to go to on arival. Visa on arival for british, need to check for Indians,come in well under your budget.Have a great wedding and a enjoyable honeymoon.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon destination Ideas- flying from Madras,India?

Hai Globe,

Congratulations! for your marriage.WHY to fly to srilanka and all

in the monsoon time from Chennai.Get the best hearitself in Southindia like

Kodaikanal,Ooty,Munnar,Alleppey,Kovalam etc which are the safe & best place for the honeymoon.,

Thanx,

Shina

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,368 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon destination Ideas- flying from Madras,India?

In July, most of the beaches of India will have heavy rain, thus, you'll get stuck up in th hotel room (Although,its your honeymoon), rather the idea of Langkawi is good. Get a short trip to Penang or Port Dickson from there. I think, that will be the best idea.

Though, by this time you must be flooded by suggestions.

Edited: 01 March 2011, 11:06
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon destination Ideas- flying from Madras,India?

The Andaman Islands ? esp Havelock.

Though it will be the rainy season wherever you go, I suspect.

Visakhapatnam
Level Contributor
362 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon destination Ideas- flying from Madras,India?

Singapore!!!

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,368 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon destination Ideas- flying from Madras,India?

Bintan is a better option. Secluded island of Indonesia. Just 55 minutes on catamaran ferry from Tanah merra terminal of Singapore.

Edited: 16 March 2011, 08:50
Isle of Man , UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon destination Ideas- flying from Madras,India?

I second Langkawi - I went on my honeymoon to Langkawi and loved it. We stayed for 5 days at mutiara burau bay resort. We flew from Madras to KL and then by Air Asia to Langkawi and hired a car there to go around.

10. Re: Honeymoon destination Ideas- flying from Madras,India?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 06:16