We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport rooms in Chennai?

Which Chennai (Madras) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
7,618 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Airport rooms in Chennai?

I am landing at midnight in Chennai and wondered if there was an airport lounge to sleep for a few hours. There is one in the Delhi airport that you can sleep and shower for a couple of hours. I just hate to pay for a room for just a few hours. But if there isn't such a room in chennai airport, I'll need a hotel and, I'm looking at Accord hotel or Comfort Inn Marina Towers. Which hotel is better located for a tourist? THANKS.

66 replies to this topic
Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport rooms in Chennai?

Hi..

There are some waiting rooms in the Chennai Airport (not lounges) but I am not sure of their availability. You might not be able to wait in the arrival lounge, as there would be no facilities. But, if you are departing in another flight, you might relax in the lounges in the departure area but all of them are airline lounges and one(I think) is a pay and use lounge.

Regards

Prasanna

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,052 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport rooms in Chennai?

Hi

When is your connecting flight after midnight ? Is it a domestic flight or an international one ? how many hours do you exactly have between them ?

The following lounges are available at the airports:

International

•Maharaja Lounge - Anna International Terminal

•Le Imperial Meridien - Anna International Terminal

•Bica Lounge - Anna International Terminal

•Clipper Lounge - Anna International Terminal

•Royal Lounge - Anna International Terminal

Domestic

•Indian Airlines Lounge - Kamaraj Domestic Terminal

• Bica Lounge -Kamraj Domestic Terminal

• Maple Leaf Lounge

These have been discussed a few times earlier in this forum and you may need to book in advance. Taj runs the Maharaja lounge and most of these have an affiliation to either an airline or a Card (Citi Platinum / Diners card etc) . These are good options to while away a few hours in transit.

Accord Metropolition or Comfort Inn Marina are not exactly close to the airport , but at that time of the night, traffic is very low and you can make it in about 25 minutes.

regards

Rajan

Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport rooms in Chennai?

rajank is a hero

trivandrum
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport rooms in Chennai?

How does one access the lounges at the domestic terminal? I am flying with Spicejet and have a 5-hr transit at MAA.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,533 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport rooms in Chennai?

lounge acces is depends on your airlines facilities..or your eligibllities.

For spend few hours un night at airport ...

Stayed week ago at Chennai airport.

very close to domestic terminal airport manager office ..you need to deposits 400 rupees and you will get a receipts

Its good to lay down . Comfortable enough NO rooms its paricians between. Beds .. There are seprate dormatary for Gents nd ladies.

Luggage in box of under your bed. Bathrooms are ok.

Edited: 25 November 2012, 07:30
Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
16 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport rooms in Chennai?

We are arriving 11:00 PM from New Delhi and flying 5:00 AM to Port Blair by Air India. Please any body suggest how to spent 6 hour in Chennai Airport ?

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport rooms in Chennai?

There is hardly anything to do or visit during midnight just relax in Airport lounge

May be some shops be open

A viewing galley is there in long balcony where you could watch flights taking off and landing (if you have kids they might enjoy it)

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
16 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport rooms in Chennai?

Thanks

Mumbai
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport rooms in Chennai?

I would be coming from Mumbai and reaching Chennai @ 7.30 PM on 1 st November. and catching a 5AM flight to port blair on 2nd Novemebr. Kindly suggest how to relax the transit time in Chennai Airport. As i would be travelling with Sr. Citizens.

If i do not get the transit rooms, weather i would be allowed to relax at the departure terminal lounge area ?

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport rooms in Chennai?

if you do not get accommodation you could relax at departure lounge

Reply to: Airport rooms in Chennai?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chennai (Madras)