We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chennai Restaurants on Pier/Beach for dinner with family

Which Chennai (Madras) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Chennai Restaurants on Pier/Beach for dinner with family

I am visiting Chennai with my family in October from Delhi. Since its a costal city I want to have a dinner experience by sea-side. Is there any restaurants on piers (I experienced one in Bangkok) or else on beach. Please give some suggestions in addition to options available at high-end 5 Stars hotels.

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chennai Restaurants on Pier/Beach for dinner with family

Try Vivanta by taj -Fisherman's cove in ECr around 30 km from Chennai located in ECR Covelong beach is a 5 star Hotel with such facility

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chennai Restaurants on Pier/Beach for dinner with family

The Bay watch (Taj vivanta) suggested by Alen is a great choice, especially if you like sea food. It's not exactly on a Pier, but on the beach - maybe a 100 meters from the surf. Another of their restaurants Upper Deck is a sea facing one but not exactly on the beach as Bay Watch, but serves some good food.

The Wharf (Radisson Temple Bay) is another nice beach side restaurant serving some nice food and drinks.

The Sea Crest, part of the MGM resorts is on the beach as well (if i remember right, they also have another one called Deep Purple in the same campus).

The only flip side to the ones above are, they are a good hour's drive out of the city.

If you need something within the town and are looking for a high tea or a snack while gazing out at sea, you should try Lobby Lounge - a Leela property at MRC nagar for some awesome tea, sandwiches, scones etc

regards

Rajan

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chennai Restaurants on Pier/Beach for dinner with family

Thank you Rajan and Alen. Are there any other options apart from 5 stars Hotels. We are travelling to Mahabalipuram on one of the days so even if its outside Chennai its OK. We are vegetarians.

4. Re: Chennai Restaurants on Pier/Beach for dinner with family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Chennai (Madras)