We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chennai Hotels: Hyatt Regency v. Taj C/House v. Radisson Blu

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Chennai Hotels: Hyatt Regency v. Taj C/House v. Radisson Blu

Hello Fellow Travellers

My partner and I are travelling to India from mid Nov for a couple of weeks and needed some advice on the best hotel to stay in while in Chennai (Madras). We’ve narrowed it down to these three hotels (not in any particular order):

Hyatt Regency

Taj Club House

Radisson Blu

If you’ve stayed in these hotels and can provide a comparison on which are better and why, that would be ideal.

Thanks in advance

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,205 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chennai Hotels: Hyatt Regency v. Taj C/House v. Radisson Blu

Hi

To start with, I am presuming that you are talking about Radisson Blu (which is near the airport ). All three are nice places and there's very little to differentiate between them in terms of service levels, though the service at Taj - essentially on attention to detail, time for in-room dining and SLA levels are possibly a tad better than the rest.

The food options are pretty good at all three, though my personal preference of food would be Radisson (because of their wonderful 'Great Kebab Factory'), Taj Club House and Hyatt in that particular order.

However, Radisson Blu (if it is the one near the airport), looses out in terms of location. It is away from town and there's quite a bit of travel involved for any shopping, visiting monuments or any other action within the city. The traffic, especially at peak hours is not funny and this is a huge minus for the location of Radission Blu. Maybe you can think of Radisson Blu city center which is in the town and negates these issues.

Hyatt takes top honors in terms of location. Right on the Anna Salai, it is strategically located between two shopping hot beds of Chennai - T.Nagar and Nungambakkam, both within 5 to 10 minutes from the hotel. It is also close to a range of restaurants, while the beach and places like Santhome, Mylapore (for some nice cathedrals and temples) are not far away.

Taj is ideally located too, with a few top shopping malls, Egmore , Panteon road (shopping hubs) not too far away and beach quite close as well.

Hope this helps

regards

Rajan

2. Re: Chennai Hotels: Hyatt Regency v. Taj C/House v. Radisson Blu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Chennai (Madras)