We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable travel agent for Tirupati

Which Chennai (Madras) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
126 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Reliable travel agent for Tirupati

Hi,

I am arriving in Chennai for one day only, and need to go to Tirumala for a day trip for darshan. I will be arriving midnight and want to take the morning tour for tirupati. I know about the APTDC buses and have taken those in the past. But this time I am travelling with family (4 of us), so thinking of a car.

Can someone recommend travel agent for car and darshan booking. I know that darshan will take 3-4 hours, but i want an agent who is reliable and will provide darshan. I do not want to be left stranded in chennai as has happened to some people due to travel agents. Thanks.

Tiruchirappalli...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reliable travel agent for Tirupati

the time taken for the visit will depend only on the dates you will be visiting.

Aug 15th weekend took 32-36 hours for the dharsan. Kindly note on that.

Singapore
Level Contributor
126 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reliable travel agent for Tirupati

32-36 hours is despite the seeghra darshan ticket?

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reliable travel agent for Tirupati

Avail Tamil Nadu tourism one day Tirupati package which includes transport by bus dharshan breakfast and lunch

It starts from Wallajah road in Chennai at 6 am and returns same day around 10 pm

I think this package will be suitable for you....google search for tamil nadu tourism website and get the details

Singapore
Level Contributor
126 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reliable travel agent for Tirupati

Thanks. but that package is only for weekdays

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reliable travel agent for Tirupati

you check this package also …blogspot.in/2009/03/one-day-tirupati-tour-f…

package available daily but dharsan not guaranteed on saturday and sunday

Edited: 26 August 2014, 14:04
6. Re: Reliable travel agent for Tirupati

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2016, 11:15
Mumbai
Level Contributor
8,781 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reliable travel agent for Tirupati

Hi,

The online booking of darshan and sevas open 90 days in advance. If possible please book online and avail the darshan. It is recommended that you book for Kalynotsavam.

TTD does not recognise any agents for giving you confirmed booking. Touts offer darshan but are very unreliable and charge exhorbitantly.

If you are a NRI, there is a special entrance on Supatham (South Mada Street) for facilitiating darshan, It will take around one hour for the darshan. Please report at this gate alongwith a proof of being NRI. The exact time of reporting can be checked with TTD information Counter at Tirupati as well as Tirumala. Please report one-hour in advance.

Have a divine trip.

CarLink

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
229 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reliable travel agent for Tirupati

There is one travels company that I booked which was next to TTD office (that time there was AP strike and buses were not going). I paid Rs. 6000/- for 3 of us. The person came at 2:30am to my house in Porur and picked-up. His services were okay and dropped back in the night. You can ask someone to go there and book for you.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reliable travel agent for Tirupati

To make things clear there is no concept of any Travel Agent or Agency who can book the time slots or darshan booking for you because either you need to book online uploading your Photo Id or be in person and visit local TTD office and give your Thumb Impression and Photo and no exceptions.

Considering you are out of country the only option left is either book the AP Tourism Tour or visit www.ttdsevaonline.com and book based on availability if the above two does not work then try your luck on arrival and try your luck.

10. Re: Reliable travel agent for Tirupati

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 05:16