We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

darjeeling Places to stay

Which Darjeeling hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
3 posts
Save Topic
darjeeling Places to stay

A group of us are going to Darjeeling in December.Is Andy s a good place to stay? Is it far from the centre of town? If so would that matter?

Also we would like to do a 3 day trek. Can you do day treks returning to Darjeeling at night or is it better to stay in trekkers huts and return after 3 days?

We need to return to Deoghar in the State of Bihar.Would we need to return to Calcutta or could we go across from Darjeeling? Im aware that the last question could be impossible to answer but you never know.

thanking whoever might reply in advance

Sally

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: darjeeling Places to stay

Hi Sally!

Most of your questions have already been covered on the forum.

The easiest way to find them is to use the little search box in the top left corner of the forum page. ( don't forget to include the word darjeeling in your search, otherwise you'll get worldwide answers!!)

I envy you your trip! I was there in Dec 2005 and the weather was fantastic!

Enjoy

Tony

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: darjeeling Places to stay

I would highly recommend the trek to Sandakphu which takes around 5 days from Darjeeling. From the railway head at New Jalpaiguri, you can take a train to Patna and connect to Deoghar. Just curious to know what there is at Deogarh that draws you into the depths of Bihar?

Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: darjeeling Places to stay

Hi Tony and npjai

Thanks a million for replying I will check out the forum again and I hope we get such good weather as you.

We are a group of yoga teachers going to a festival in the Ashram in Rikhia near Deoghar from 10th to 14th December. and we have naturally given ourselves more time to explore.

Perhaps you or anyone out there could recommend places in Bihar besides the obvious ones like Bodgaya

Warm Wishes

Sally

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: darjeeling Places to stay

Hi Sally!

I googled 'Andy's Darjeeling' and most of the replies I came across were positive, describing it as 'cheap and clean' . I've never stayed there so I wouldn't know how accurate the descriptions are. There are a number of travel agents in Darj that cater for trekking some of which you can find on www.zubin.com If you look for the Darjeeling link page and once there look under the Trekking heading at the top of the page it will give you some contact details. Hope that helps!

Tony

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: darjeeling Places to stay

I wonder if the Sandakphu trek in mid December is agood idea. We had planned a trip in late Sept-early October but called it off because of the heavy rains.An alterntaive was mid Nov, but on balance I was told that it might be quite cold-obviously mid Dec is going to be colder. Some interpid friends are going ahead and I will let you know more after they return. We are now looking at doing it mid-March or thereabouts.

Delhi
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: darjeeling Places to stay

hi salesians,

Darjeeling is an important hill station of India. There are numbers of hotels for your best stay. Check out this special website on Darjeeling hotels http://www.darjeelinghotels.net/

Features Darjeeling hotels guide providing information on hotels in Darjeeling and important tourist destinations.

7. Re: darjeeling Places to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 11:19