We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IS it right time come darjeeling in december for hooneymoon

Which Darjeeling hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Udaipur Rajasthan
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
IS it right time come darjeeling in december for hooneymoon

I ll getting married in December. Anybody tell me that December is right time for honeymoon in darjeeling. How can book hotels & packages.

Hemant

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,345 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IS it right time come darjeeling in december for hooneymoon

Anytime is good for a honeymoon in Darjeeling.

In December, it will be cold, very cold. Possibility of snow. If you want to mostly stay in your hotel, its perfect.

Lets hope the political situation resolves itself before then, because sure as hell isn't going to be any tourism in the present situation.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Darjeeling, Sikkim, Meghalaya
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IS it right time come darjeeling in december for hooneymoon

Hi Brave1,

Just wanted to check what is the scenario in Sikkim ? I know that there must a lot of mental support for the Gorkhaland issue, but then is Sikkim shut as well ?

And for you Hemant -- it is wonderful to have your honeymoon in Darjeeling during the winters- firstly you will be experiencing great weather and clear skies...and secondly since it will be an off season, you get the additional benefits of discounted hotel, local conveyance, as well as lesser crowds. Yes -- the cold will be a problem, but then since you are from Jaipur, Iam sure you will be able to withstand temp of 2-3 degrees.

Debadatt

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,345 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IS it right time come darjeeling in december for hooneymoon

Hi Debadutt,

There is no violence in Sikkim, but there has been blockades on Sevoke Road and the road past Coronation bridge, which is stopping supplies and traffic to Sikkim.

However, I feel the strikes cannot continue for very much longer as there is intense political and local pressure on the Gorkhaland council to come to a settlement. Lets see what happens after the next round of talks with the Govt.

4. Re: IS it right time come darjeeling in december for hooneymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 08:22