We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hi

pune
1 post
Save Topic
hi

we are planning to visit darjeeling in next 2 days ,

is it suitable. reply back asap

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,396 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hi

Nope.

Read my situation updates thread posted earlier.

Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
189 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hi

was this a polite requist for information from people who offer there time and knowledge kindly and for free?

or

was this an order, demand?

the word please comes to mind maybe?

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
308 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hi

I was thinking same Mr. Peter, Question and answer both are same………both not polite at all

Asker is saying that reply me ASAP and then replier saying “Nope” read my previous thread……great combination (That one ordering for fast reply then another ordering to see his previous thread)…..but not good at all

Yes you are right, people should be polite here but somebody don’t care….its moral fault!

Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
189 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hi

the demand for information was rude, not the answer Brave_1 was very polite to even respond on this demand, I would not have done that not even with a short answer

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,396 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hi

SR1980,

If you want to reply with full page answers to curt questions which demand a "reply back asap" please feel free to do so.

I will gladly respond in detail if the question is asked appropriately. But of course, you cannot pass up a chance to criticize me for reasons we both know.

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hi

I'm with brave1 on this! The question was not one that demanded a long drawn out answer. The questioner is in a hurry and got exactly what he/she asked for - information, no more, no less! What would be the point of repeating the previous post?

This is the questioner's first post on the forum and it's possible that he/she doesn't realise that we are all volunteers and give our time and knowledge freely - although after reading this they will be in no doubt!!

Another point is - if a questioner is rude, do we fall over ourselves to be overly polite in return, or do we reply in a like manner. As we are all volunteers then, as far as I am concerned, it's up to the individual DE.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Darjeeling, Sikkim, Meghalaya
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hi

I would also second Brave1 and Tony on this matter.

Even if we accept the fact that the poster was new and hence oblivious of the fact that we are providing voluntary service etc etc, atleast this much was clear to the poster that this is a free service to him. Hence a little more of ettiquette was expected.

As far as Brave1's reply goes, this answer was being discussed over the past one month or so and hence there was no point in repeating the history and geography once again.

8. Re: hi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2010, 06:31