We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning to visit Darjeeling, Pelling and Gangtok In August

Hyderabad, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Planning to visit Darjeeling, Pelling and Gangtok In August

Hi,

I am Sravan Kumar from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. Booked my tickets to Baghdogra. I would be travelling with my wife.

I would be reaching Baghdogra on 16th Aug, 14:30 hrs and leaving from Baghdogra on 22nd Aug 15:00 hrs.

Need assistance on following things.

1) Travel Itenary: I went through some of the reviews and saw Pelling. I am flexible on Pelling and Gangtok. I would need suggestions if I can cover all three places, or can skip in case if it is a tight schedule, keeping in mind the weather conditions.

2) Best Hotels to stay in Darjeeling, Pelling and Gangtok.(Medium range hotels).

3) Best places to visit in all three places during my travel dates.

4) Guidance on public or private transport.

Thanks,

Sravan.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,579 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning to visit Darjeeling, Pelling and Gangtok In August

Suggestive itinerary :

Day1 Arrival at Bagdogra & transfer Gangtok (4hrs). Stroll around M.G.Marg

Day2 Gangtok. - local sight seeing

Day3 To Pelling via Ravangla (4.5hrs).

Day4 Pelling - Darap Village, Change Waterfalls, Rimbi Waterfalls, Rock Garden, Kunchenjungha Water Falls and Khecheopalri Lake. After lunch visit Pemayangtse Monastery, Helipad View Point, Rubduntse Palace Ruins and Bird Sanctuary

Day5 Pelling To Darjeeling (4hrs), afternoon - roaming around Mall, coffee at Glenery's

Day6 Darjeeling - Tiger Hill, Ghoom Monastery, Toy Train, HMI, Tea Garden

Day7 Return journey.

Hotel - Gangtok - Delisso Abode, Pelling - Norbughang Resort, Darjeeling - Allice Villa, Planters Club.

Edited: 21 July 2012, 13:05
Hyderabad, India
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning to visit Darjeeling, Pelling and Gangtok In August

Thaks Ashis for the Itinerary.

Need inputs further.

Do I need to hire a local transport from Bagdogra to Gangtok. Gangtok To Pelling, Pelling to Darjeeling? How much will a small car for two charge?Is there any public transport available?

Also to roam around the suggested places in Darjeeling, Pelling and Gangtok or is any public transport available?

Where can I get assistance for the transport? About the small car rates and about the bookings?

Also, Please suggest on following hotels

"Nettle and Fern" In Gangtok

"Retreat" in Darjeeling

Thanks in advance.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,579 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning to visit Darjeeling, Pelling and Gangtok In August

Cars are readily available on hire for transfer between Gangtok-Pelling-Darjeeling. Local car to be hired for sightseeing. The car (Indica/ Santro/ WagonR) rental charges are as follows :

Bagdogra to Gangtok = Rs.2500.

To (Innova/Xylo/Scorpio) Tsomgo Lake = Rs.3500

Gangtok local sightseeing = Rs.2000.

Gangtok to Pelling : Rs.2600.

Pelling local sightseeing = Rs.2400.

Pelling to Darjeeling - Rs.2600.

Edited: 24 July 2012, 16:44
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning to visit Darjeeling, Pelling and Gangtok In August

Nettle and fern is good hotel . situated at the development area . but always choose valley view room in time of booking. you can go for Sai residency or Hidden forest retreat also.

Edited: 29 May 2013, 04:35
5. Re: Planning to visit Darjeeling, Pelling and Gangtok In August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2013, 23:53
6. Re: Planning to visit Darjeeling, Pelling and Gangtok In August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 05:16