We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Darjeeling (21st - 24 Nov)

Which Darjeeling hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ghaziabad, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Visit to Darjeeling (21st - 24 Nov)

I have my tickets booked for NJP for 20th n will reach there on 21st. It will be 2 days Gangtok and 2 Days Darjeeling including Nathula pass. My permit for Nathula has been done by the tour operator.

Just wanted to know about the weather in Gangtok in that week (3rd week Nov) and Darjeeling. Most important, please let me know about Nathula pass weather as I have been reading on different forums that its frozen with snow etc and temperature is in minus in Novemeber end.

Please advise in detail about the temperature/weather as I have my 3 yr old daughter with me.

Thanks for your reply.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,820 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to Darjeeling (21st - 24 Nov)

Both the places would have friendly weather in Nov. Day will be pleasant and little chilled after sunset, but its enjoyable. Nathula can be done till mid Nov. Sometimes it opens till December too. Get adequate winter garments to combat sub zero temp at Nathula.

AshisRoy

Edited: 14 November 2012, 03:25
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,337 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to Darjeeling (21st - 24 Nov)

If you must go to Nathu-la, I'd advise you to leave your daughter at the hotel with your parent/relative. It will be far too cold for her, and elderly persons/infants may have breathing trouble in such extreme altitude / cold conditions.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit to Darjeeling (21st - 24 Nov)

I am not quite good in making plan

Please help me do one

I will reach NJP == 23rd March 8am

and return from NJP = 26th March 9pm

Please help for a 4 day trip which will include

Darjeeling peling mirik OR darjeeling lava lolegaon ( or any better place that you can suggest and please give me a descriptive detail as I am a layman in this world :(

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,820 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit to Darjeeling (21st - 24 Nov)

I would suggest 23,24 in Darjeeling and 25 in Tinchuley.

Edited: 25 November 2012, 15:41
5. Re: Visit to Darjeeling (21st - 24 Nov)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2013, 10:15