We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dajeerling sightseeing and hotel

Which Darjeeling hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Valencia, Spain
1 post
Save Topic
Dajeerling sightseeing and hotel

Hi.

I am a solo traveller, and these next wednesday I will arrive to Bagdogra airport.

I am looking for a relax trip. I have 7 days to visit Darjeeling and something in Sikkim.

I was looking for a relaxing hotel, and I have found Glenburn Tea Estate, and Tathagata Farm near Darjeeling.

My plan is arrive first to Glenburn Tea State, stay three days, after going to Tathagata Farm maybe 2 days, and after that going to Gangtok.

My question is if you think is a goog plan.. and if I had to plan a whole day or two in Darjeeling city.

Thank you¡¡

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Darjeeling, Sikkim, Meghalaya
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dajeerling sightseeing and hotel

Hi,

Your plan looks good, since you are mostly interested to have a relaxing trip. Ofcourse you can travel to the main Darjeeling town from Glenburn and spend some time in enjoying the city and its attractions -- that should not be too much of a problem.

Have a pleasant trip.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dajeerling sightseeing and hotel

Hi Javier

For relaxation its a good choice what you have made. Just don't think much and go there and relax.

Cheers

Delhi
Level Contributor
730 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dajeerling sightseeing and hotel

Hi Javier_Suay,

You have chose a very beautiful destination to visit at this time. Well if you want a relax travel then it is good to have a relax travel in Darjeeling because in Darjeeling you can enjoy the beauty of nature :) Although I would like to suggest you some place which will make your trip memorable and enjoyable.

Toy Train

Kali temple

Tiger Hill

Ghoom Monastery

Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park

Observatory Hill

Happy Valley Tea Gardens

Lloyd Botanical Garden

Senchal Lake

Peace Pagoda

These are some must visit places in Darjeeling :)

I would like to suggest you some hotels for your comfortable stay :

Glenburn Tea Estate

Dekeling Hotel

The Swiss Hotel

Windamere Hotel

Elgin Darjeeling

Shangrila Regency

I hope this information is helpful for you. Go ahead and enjoy your trip :)

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Dajeerling sightseeing and hotel

You should spend all those seven days at Tathagata Farm if relaxing is what you wanna do :)

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,394 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dajeerling sightseeing and hotel

Javier_Suay

The other option for staying in Darjeeling : Chamong Tea Estate. Same standard as Glenburn at much lower price.

Edited: 22 May 2013, 09:17
6. Re: Dajeerling sightseeing and hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 07:17