We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour to Sandakphu

Dhaka City...
10 posts
Save Topic
Tour to Sandakphu

Can anybody assist me by telling how to go Sandakphu from Siliguri.

# Is there any land rover available? If there, then what will be the cost?

# How much time needed to reach Sandakphu.

# i am planning to go there in the last week of September. Is it the right time to go? what will be the weather condition then? Could i see all the major mountain peaks clearly from there?

# We are may be 7 or 8 people, so is one vehicle enough?

# From where i can get the guide and what will be the rate?

#Is it possible to cover Sandakphu in 3 days(2 nights) and back to Siliguri?

#What is the accommodation cost there and where to stay?

#what kind of food we can get there and what is the price?

#what will be the approximate cost for whole tour (siliguri to siliguri) per person?

Mentioned in this post
Sandakphu
Sandakphu
155 Reviews
Singalila National Park, India
Siliguri
Siliguri
Darjeeling District, India
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
39,274 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour to Sandakphu

Most of the answers are already given in the forum page. Get it from there or buy a book on Sandakphu, where u'll get more information.

Edited: 19 June 2013, 17:25
Mentioned in this post
Sandakphu
Sandakphu
155 Reviews
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour to Sandakphu

Parvez -

1. -Can anybody assist me by telling how to go Sandakphu from Siliguri...

Ans - From Siliguri you hire a car like bolero , Sumo , Max etc and reached manebhanjan Via Mirik . (Around 70- 80 Km.) Overnight Manebhanjan . You can't get good hotel over there , but get neat and clean hotel with basic aminities. in maximum hotels maximum time gysar not working , so they supply hot water by bucket . some time they charge . you can stay hotel Exotica. , Pradhan lodge Etc. if you want good accommodation you can stay at Lepchajagat which is 15 km from Manebhanjan .

2 .- # Is there any land rover available? If there, then what will be the cost?

Landrover available from Manebhanjan. maximum Landrover are made in the year 1955-56. and better in a land rover you can take max-5-6 people. Cost Manebhanjan to Sandakophu and Back rs 3500-4000 . ad for night stay they charge another rs 500 per night .

3 - How much time needed to reach Sandakphu.

Manebhnjan to Sandakophu is 33 km distance . it will take 6-7 hours by landrover as road condition is pathetic after 3 km. almost 30 km road are full of boulder .

4. - i am planning to go there in the last week of September. Is it the right time to go? what will be the weather condition then? Could i see all the major mountain peaks clearly from there?

Ans - You can go Last week of september . and hope weather will clear and 90% chance to see the Mt. everest and with other peak. for closer view of Everest you can go to Phalut in a day visit . distance 22 km from Sandakophu.

5 - We are may be 7 or 8 people, so is one vehicle enough?

Ans - No. you must take Two car as Luggage will be i your part . it is very tough to accommodate 8 people in a car with luggage .

6 - From where i can get the guide and what will be the rate?

Ans - From Manebhanjan you get, permission car Car. no need for guide. guide needed if you going by trek.

7- Is it possible to cover Sandakphu in 3 days(2 nights) and back to Siliguri?

Yea is it possible . but i I 'll suggest keep one day buffer and stay at Tumling on the way to sandakophu . you can co-up with the altitude. You can say at Niladis hotel . or Siddartha lodge at Tumling . interms of Location siddartha lodge is better.

8 - What is the accommodation cost there and where to stay?

A standard double bed room will cost - 800-1000 and a 4 bed will ne 1600. trkkers hut charge 200-to 300 per head excluding food. Plenty of Trekkers hut there. There is only one good hotel named - Sherpa Shaley , after that little buddha is the best .

9 .- what kind of food we can get there and what is the price?

from rice to roti . maximum hotel there is ample number Noodles , maggi you get.

10- what will be the approximate cost for whole tour (siliguri to siliguri) per person?

Depending upon situation . but siliguri to siliguri it eould be 5500-6500 for 3 ights 4 days .. approx.

Note - If you have any Pain like Neck , waist , Leg ,,everything is curable when you go to Sandakophu by Landrover ...Mind it ...HA Ha

Another there is a adearth of water ... Remind it. they supply one bucket ater for whle day and you have to complit all the necessary activities with that . in morning they also provide hot water for fres n up.

There is no electricity . Only one hotel have a generator facility ..that is Sherpa shaley , they charge for mobile charge and Camera Battery charge .

Edited: 20 June 2013, 02:41
Mentioned in this post
Sandakphu
Sandakphu
155 Reviews
Siliguri
Siliguri
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour to Sandakphu

Very nicely explained point to point by Dipan.

Dhaka City...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour to Sandakphu

Awesome Depan!! I got almost everything from your explanation. Don't worry if some part of my body breaks, then I will keep it in my bag and will take back to Dhaka....ha ha. It will be a thrilling journey and i cant wait for that.......Great job man.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour to Sandakphu

Have a nice vacation.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour to Sandakphu

Dependable driver - Phurba - 9775940836 . Parvez you can take My reference . My name is Dipankar Roy . he is a good driver .direct talk with him. currently i don't have Siddartha lodge number , call phurba he can assist you .

Sherpa Shallet hotel at Sandakophu - 9332599261

at Manebhanjan - jeeban chetri popularly known as Masterji run hotel exotica . very dependable person. 977330 44512.

I suggest parvez ..First you call Phurba , he will arrange a car direct to chitre from siliguri . phurba will pick up from chitre . in that case no need to stay at Manebhanjan.

If you stay at Manebhanjan one problem is - Car will given by rotation . so in that case phurba will not available. before that you search on internet ..a good map for sandakophu .

Dhaka City...
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour to Sandakphu

Thanks for those contact numbers. It will be really helpful for us. We still have three months left, so i will call Phurba a few days earlier of my tour. Hopefully we will get proper assistance from him as you said. Be well Dipan, bye.

Dhaka City...
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour to Sandakphu

Depan,

I saw Sandakphu map and it seems like our tour will not be fulfilled if we dont go Phalut. You also said that for closer view of Everest, we have to go Phalut. Now my question is that does landrover go to phalut? If it does, then how much time it will take to go Phalut and come back to Sandakphu? Is there any other route to exit from Phalut?

Edited: 20 June 2013, 18:19
Mentioned in this post
Sandakphu
Sandakphu
155 Reviews
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour to Sandakphu

Parvez ,

1- Now my question is that does landrover go to Phalut?

Yea landrover go to Phalut . when you hire Landrover you tell them I want to go to Phalut also. They are fixed rate for landrover to phalut via sandakophu. When you hire the car same car go to phalut.

2- If it does, then how much time it will take to go Phalut and come back to Sandakphu?

Normally from Sandakophu to Falut it is 22 KM. You can go to a Day visit From Sandakophu and back to Sandakophu , otherwise you can .also stay there . But i am not suggesting to stay. If you want to Stay you can Contact DGHC (Darjeeling Gorkha Hill council ) DGHC has a trekkers hut over there.

3.- Is there any other route to exit from Phalut?

yea there is a other route to exit from phalut , that is totally trek route .. route probably gorkey , gurdhum , srikhola.....so better back to sandakophu and nxt day return to siliguri.

Edited: 21 June 2013, 01:52
Mentioned in this post
Sandakphu
Sandakphu
155 Reviews
Darjeeling
Darjeeling
Dhaka City...
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour to Sandakphu

Yeah thats nice, then we will cover phalut also.....September please come quickly!