We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trek Sikkim

Which Darjeeling hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
trek Sikkim

Hi,

I'll be arriving in Sikkim about 23rd Sept, and keen to do the Dzongri trek for 5-7 days and realise this can't be trekked alone. If anyone is interested in joining together for this trek or has some information about an arranged trek group I could join please let me know.

Thanks

Brendon

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,845 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trek Sikkim

Brendon S

You may contact the following trek organisers to join in group, if the dates coincide.

Nature Beyond, Pallav Bhattacharya 09733000591 pallab@naturebeyond.org

Yak & Yeti Travels Expedition Phone 03592280075, +919434117418, 09933008822 sikkim@live.in

Edited: 08 September 2013, 15:49
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trek Sikkim

Hi Brendon

You have to contact trek organizers for this. They can surely help you out on this part.

Sanchit

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: trek Sikkim

Want to warn fellow travellers about a recent terrible experience we had. Recently organsied a trek with Fabian Tamang (Bigfoottrek) to Bhutan. He does a lot of work in Sikkim so want to post here as well.

The most civil way I can put it is that we got thoroughly cheated. He charged us the money upfront, outsourced the organisation to a local company. The company had done no homework and instead tried to sell us a 'cultural tour'. The guide they gave had never been on the trek before and was carrying a guide book with some faded maps!

In the end, we could only do a fraction of the two-week trek and had to return back.

Not surprisingly, since then Mr Fabian Tamang has refused to answer calls or respond at all. Clearly the intent was to cheat to start with, he had insisted on full payment before-hand, which we did. Never to see him or any of our money again!

4. Re: trek Sikkim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:15