We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to share sight seeing on March 15 to 22 with us?

Which Darjeeling hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai...
Level Contributor
10 posts
317 reviews
Save Topic
Want to share sight seeing on March 15 to 22 with us?

Hello everyone,

This is Nachiket from Mumbai. I am travelling to Darjeeling, Pelling & Gangtok with my wife on March 15 to 22. My programme is as follows -

15 March - Arrive in Bagdogra airport at 11.20 AM & transfer to Darjeeling by pvt. Cab. 15 & 16 March stay in Darjeeling. Hotel is booked. But day programme is not yet decided.

17 March - Arrive in Pelling via Namchi. Stay in Pelling for 2 nights.

19 March - Head to Gangtok. Stay in Gangtok for 3 nights.

22 March off to Bagdogra airport early morning.

I have already made necessary hotel bookings. However, my entire plan is completely flexible & is still undecided. I have heard that if you want to roam around, there is not much public transportation & you have to depend on local taxi drivers. It will be far more uneconomical for us to hire a cab just for two people.

Thus, I am requesting fellow travellers to join me. We can hire a better cab like scorpio & at the same time share expenses.

Do let me know in case you are interested. We are a born & brought up Mumbai based non-smoking couple & are pretty adjustable.

Thanks & regards,

Nachiket

Jhumri Telaiya...
Level Contributor
322 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to share sight seeing on March 15 to 22 with us?

Hi

Taxi is not very costly in Darjeeling and Gangtok, you will get a car for around Rs 1500-1600 per day, for local sightseeing, for sharing, you can try in the hotel you stay,

For Nathu-la, Lachen and Gurudongmar Lake, you have to take shared taxis as in this route, taxi is very costly.

Have a nice journey .

Thanks

Alok

2. Re: Want to share sight seeing on March 15 to 22 with us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 06:18