We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itirneary and hotel suggestion for Darjeeling and Sikkim

Which Darjeeling hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
India
2 posts
Save Topic
Itirneary and hotel suggestion for Darjeeling and Sikkim

We are group of 20 ( 12 adult and 8 kid, youngest being 3 year old rest all above 7 years old ) visiting Darjeeling and Sikkim from 24th of April till 5th of May ( 10 nights - 11 days )

Will appreciate if someone can guide trip plan along with place to visit/ Excursion and recommended budget hotel to stay.

Would it make sense to package all this together with single person or be better book individually ?

What should we consider budget per head for this trip

Thanks in advance for all your help and suggestion

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,368 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itirneary and hotel suggestion for Darjeeling and Sikkim

Gir T

Since your group is big, it would be better to avail package from any reputed local tour operator.

Suggestive plan -

Day1 Arrival at Bagdogra & transfer Gangtok. Stroll around M.G.Marg

Day2 Gangtok. – Nathula Pass (except Mon/Tue), Baba Mandir & Tsomgo Lake.

Day3 To Pelling via Temi Tea Garden, Sandruptse, Namchi.

Day4 Pelling - Rimbi Waterfalls, Kanchenjunga Water Falls, Khecheopalri Lake. Pemayangtse Monastery, Rubduntse Palace Ruins.

Day5 Pelling to Darjeeling, after check-in to hotel - Peace Pagoda, Zoo, HMI, Tea Garden.

Day6 Darjeeling - Toy Train ride, Ropeway ride, afternoon – shopping or roaming around the Mall area.

Day7 Darjeeling - Tiger Hill, Ghoom Monastery followed by return journey.

Edited: 30 March 2014, 13:07
India
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Itirneary and hotel suggestion for Darjeeling and Sikkim

Thanks Ashish for prompt reply, however this covers only 7 Night, we have 10 night so what will you suggest to add ?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,368 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itirneary and hotel suggestion for Darjeeling and Sikkim

May add Ravangla (between Gangtok and Pelling) for 2 days and Kalimpong for 1 day.

Edited: 30 March 2014, 13:41
4. Re: Itirneary and hotel suggestion for Darjeeling and Sikkim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 April 2014, 05:51
Edited: 01 April 2014, 05:51
5. Re: Itirneary and hotel suggestion for Darjeeling and Sikkim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2014, 12:07
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itirneary and hotel suggestion for Darjeeling and Sikkim

As some members suggested here, I tried to book Revolver(no rooms available) & Snow lion Home stay(asking 2000 per day)..but no luck...please help me to find a budget (<1000) hotel in Darjeeling..thanks

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itirneary and hotel suggestion for Darjeeling and Sikkim

Swapanbiswas_ta

within rs 1000 it is very tough to find good accommodation at Darjeeling near Mall or adjoining areas .. there is a hotel huma or yuma ... you can try ..check dreamland also ... otherwise you can take chance at hindusthan guest house 15 minutes from mall .. darjeeling palace etc ... dolphin also another option ...

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itirneary and hotel suggestion for Darjeeling and Sikkim

Hi SwapanBiswas_TA

If you like dolphin i can help you to find an accommodation in it.

FYI to all TA - This is not a self promotion since neither i own dolphin nor have any monetary benefits from it. Please do not mark me as spam/self promotion/solicitation etc etc...I am just trying to help who is in dire needs :)

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itirneary and hotel suggestion for Darjeeling and Sikkim

arijit12

Thanks ... I stayed at dolphin ..it s basically good hotel for budget class people .. help TA member if any contact number there .. i lost their number ...

Edited: 01 April 2014, 12:15
Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Itirneary and hotel suggestion for Darjeeling and Sikkim

Hi dipans2008

Dolphin is a nice property and has friendly staffs.

I have stopped giving numbers and contacts email.id as i was banned very recently as many TA considered i was solicitation and had financial interests.