We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Darjeeling & Gangtok - 27th -1st July

Hyderabad, Andhra...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Darjeeling & Gangtok - 27th -1st July

Hi,

Can someone please advise if this is a good time to travel? Are 5 days enough to cover both the place.

Please suggest places that we should cover in the trip/suggest a itinerary.

Thanks,

Shanu

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar
Level Contributor
12,851 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Darjeeling & Gangtok - 27th -1st July

Hi

June end is not best time to visit darjeeling/sikkim due to rainy season but still you will enjoy.Roads can be blocked due to land slide and wont be able to view majestic view of kanchenjanga.If you give exact arrival and departure time of NJP/Bagdogra then proper itinerary can be suggested.

Thanx

Hyderabad, Andhra...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Darjeeling & Gangtok - 27th -1st July

If It is bad time then I'll rather visit when I can be sure of visiting all the attractions, any other destination suggestions for the same duration?

I am staying in Hyderabad and my husband will fly from Delhi, so something equi distance for both of us will be favorable.

Thank you for your help!

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar
Level Contributor
12,851 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Darjeeling & Gangtok - 27th -1st July

During monsoon you can visit Meghalay or place in and around coorg.If you can extend your vacation by atleast 2 days then Laddak is the best place.Infact july is the best time to visit laddak.

4. Re: Trip to Darjeeling & Gangtok - 27th -1st July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2015, 05:16