We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Darjeeling trip in the first week of July recommended or not

Bangalore...
4 posts
Save Topic
Darjeeling trip in the first week of July recommended or not

I am planning a trip to Darjeeling from 28th June to 3rd July. Is it the right time? I would be travelling with a 2 year old kid. I know it would be monsoon but I still see that people recommend visiting that place in June. For me it is end of June and beginning of July. So I am not sure if I am on the right track or not. Please suggest.

Edited: 02 June 2014, 18:24
Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
507 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Darjeeling trip in the first week of July recommended or not

The weather is unpredictable in the mountains, there are chances of rainfall throughout the day. It can also be severely foggy, which can affect your landscape sightseeing. Tiger Hill sunrise view not possible during monsoons.

Best time to visit Darjeeling: April-May, Oct-Dec

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,963 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Darjeeling trip in the first week of July recommended or not

Subhrajyoti C

It will be early monsoon. You may go ahead with the plan taking rain into consideration. In fact, there were many tourists in the monsoon (July-Aug) of 2012 and 2013..

Edited: 07 June 2014, 04:35
Bangalore...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Darjeeling trip in the first week of July recommended or not

Thanks Ashish.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Darjeeling trip in the first week of July recommended or not

Shubhrajyoti c ,

I think you can go Darjeeling In the first week of july. Yea there is a possibility and chance of Rain ,.. But The greenary you enjoy, The Peak after the rain you enjoy is really great one .. Just one advice Take good hotel near mall. Just Take Rain coat , Good Shoe , Your Baby's medicine and Torch ...

Edited: 07 June 2014, 07:15
Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar
Level Contributor
12,851 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Darjeeling trip in the first week of July recommended or not

Hi

I had visited darjeeling in july 12.Though there was raining but we still enjoy a lot.As suggested by experts do get hotel near mall.As there would be less number of tourist you may bargain for room rates.We also get good rate for sight seeing.

Thanx

6. Re: Darjeeling trip in the first week of July recommended or not

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:16