We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dialysis facility in Kolkata

Dhaka
Level Contributor
70 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Dialysis facility in Kolkata

Hello!

I am planning to treat my parents to a trip to Kolkata. My father has been wanting to visit the city for a while and we are planning to stay in The Grand. My father suffers from Cronic Kidney Disease and has to undergo dialysis three days a week. Since we would like to spend about five days in Kolkata I need to find a high quality hospital which where we can go and get the hemodialysis facility. I was wondering if anyone can suggest the names of hospitals which provide this facility so that I can try to contact with them and set up the necessary appointments for the dialysis.

This will be really great help as it will mean a lot to me if I can take my father for this trip.

Mentioned in this post
Kolkata (Calcutta)
Kolkata (Calcutta)
Kolkata District, India
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
39,274 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dialysis facility in Kolkata

You may contact Bellevue Clinic, Woodland Hospitals, Apollo Gleanagles.

Edited: 04 July 2012, 09:02
Dhaka
Level Contributor
70 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dialysis facility in Kolkata

Dear AshisRoy

Thank you very much for the pointers.

Regards

A

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,587 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dialysis facility in Kolkata

If you were staying at the Taj Hotel, Woodlands hospital would be very convenient for you. However, since you are staying at the Grand, go for Bellevue. For Apollo Glaneagles or AMRI hospital, staying in the Hyatt is advisable. Just giving you some more options.

Dhaka
Level Contributor
70 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dialysis facility in Kolkata

Thanks brave1.

After reading about the fire accident at AMRI I don't think that is one hospital I want to look at. Also read that Woodlands is also really poorly equipped to deal with such situations.

Regards

A

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,587 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dialysis facility in Kolkata

Hi,

There was no fire at AMRI Salt Lake. The unit that burned down was at Dhakuria. Since then they have upgraded safety measures at both units. However, if you still want to avoid, then go for Apollo or Belle Vue.

6. Re: Dialysis facility in Kolkata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 20:47