We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kolkata in 5 hours

New Delhi, India
4 posts
Save Topic
Kolkata in 5 hours

Hi,

I will be reaching Kolkata railway station at 2 pm and I have to catch a flight to Delhi at 8 pm. So, I essentially have 5 hours time to experience a bit of Kolkata.

I would request you to suggest me a possible itinerary so that I don't waste time stuck in traffic and utilise my time efficiently.

I have read about the must visit places but don't know how much time each place will take and what should be the best possible route to follow to cover maximum possible places.

Thanks in advance.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
188 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kolkata in 5 hours

Even if the train is in time, you can start from station only at 2.30. And for a 8 pm flight you have to reach Airport at 6. That leaves you with just 3-4 hours. I am suggesting the following options -

Option A

Take a cab from Railway Station to Victoria Memorial. Spend 2 hrs in and around it (you can take a detour of 2nd Hoogly Bridge on your way from Station to Victoria memorial for some cool view of the city and Ganges from the bridge). Then take a cab at 4.30-5.00 pm from Victoria Memorial to Airport.

Option B

If you are religious or like to visit temples, take a cab from Howrah Station to the Dakshineswar Temple. Spend 2 hrs in and around it, and then take a cab at 4.30-5.00 pm from Dakshineswar to Airport.

I don't think you can do much more with the time that you will actually have in hand.

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kolkata in 5 hours

Hi Kittu2014

Go for the photowalk tour. you will be mesmerized. It is just for 2 hours and you need prior bookings.

tripadvisor.in/Attraction_Review-g304558-d32…

New Delhi, India
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kolkata in 5 hours

thanks guys

4. Re: Kolkata in 5 hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Kolkata (Calcutta)