We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Durga Puja Parikrama 2014

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Durga Puja Parikrama 2014

Dear members of Tripadvisor,

This year I am planning to spend 2 days (preferably 30Sep and 1Oct 2014 in Kolkata which is Shashti and Saptami.

Please can anyone recommend some names of guided tours available in Kolkata for Puja Parikrama?

I am aware that a guided tour is being conducted by WB Tourism Division every year, but apparently their website is yet to be updated. I am not sure if I can book a tour online with them before visiting India as I am hard pressed for time.

Any other names that someone can suggest would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance...

Kali Travel Home
Sightseeing Tours
Sundarban Chalo Tours
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
FunOnStreets
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Kolkata Trips
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
39,189 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Durga Puja Parikrama 2014

There are 3 companies conducting Puja Parikrama. WBTDC, Chalo Jai and Cox and Kings. The last one is the best among 3. They charge Rs.2000 p.p. this year for guided tour to traditional pujas in Kolkata with lunch at Park Hotel.

Edited: 11 August 2014, 12:06
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
635 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Durga Puja Parikrama 2014

Hello Ashis,

I am also planning to be there during the time..what is the value in going in the guided tour...won't I be able to enjoy the festivities by myself..! Just curious.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
39,189 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Durga Puja Parikrama 2014

Gunny C

Yes, you can hire a cab in day time, preferably between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. for roaming around. Normally the roads are accessible during these hours. But the cab driver must know the locations of important puja pandals as well as by lanes. Because, many roads will be blocked in these days.

Edited: 12 August 2014, 08:50
Calcutta, West...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Durga Puja Parikrama 2014

Dear Sir/Madam

Kindly provide your contact no so we can contact for the details of puja parikrama..

Regards

Aradhana Daw

033-40086189

Nexus Infra and Management System

(timming-11am-5pm)

5. Re: Durga Puja Parikrama 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 00:14
Mokokchung, India
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Durga Puja Parikrama 2014

Hello there!

I'm planning to visit Kolkata with my wife and daughter from Oct 2-6. I would like to stay at a budget hotel and visit important puja pandals as well as see the important landmarks of the city. I'll be grateful if someone can tell me how to make our stay during puja a memorable and comfortable one.

With regards,

Ranjan Roy

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
461 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Durga Puja Parikrama 2014

call wb tourism site. They are secured & well arranged.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
27 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Durga Puja Parikrama 2014

Hello Ranjan

You can always get cheap/budget accommodation in Kolkata (though it is a puja time) book some hotel beforehand as it is a rush time. If you know somebody there just get an idea about the famous puja locations Otherwise this platform is always there to help you. Try to stay in the central or south of the city so that you can easily access some of the big pujas.

Though I believe visiting other places will be little difficult due to puja.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
18 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Durga Puja Parikrama 2014

Durga Puja Special 2014

The following special services have been chalked out by CTC (Calcutta Tramways Co) for the ensuring Durga Puja 2014.

Puja Parikrama in A.C. Bus : Puja Parikrama will be offered in two A.C. coach (40 seats each) starting from Esplanade

and Barasat at 9:00 AM on 01.10.2014 & 03.10.2014. Places to be covered are Bagbajar Sarbajanin, Bagbazar Pally, Md. Ali

Park, College Square, Park Circus, Ekdalia, Singhi Park, Kalighat Sanghasree, Badamtala Asar Sangha, 64 Pally, Mudially,

Shivmandir and back to Esplanade & Barasat. Fare (Age 5 and above) Rs. 1,000/- (One Thousand only) for Esplanade & Rs

1150/-(One Thousand One Hundred & Fifty only) for Barasat. Rates Inclusive of service tax and includes Lunch pack, Tea,

Biscuits and 1 ltr. Drinking Water. Tickets will be sold from Esplanade AC Counter and Barasat in between 05.09.2014 to

27.09.2014 (11:00 AM to 16:30)

Puja Parikrama in A.C. Tram : Puja Parikrama will be offered in A.C. Tram (24 seats) starting from Tollygunj at 12:00

Hrs. on 01.10.2014 & 03.10.2014. The Car will move in the route Tollygunj – BBD Bag – Galiff St. (Halt 30 min) – Esplanade

– Sealdah/RB (Halt 30 min) – Esplanade – Kalighat (Halt 45 min) – Tollygunj. Fare (Age above 4 years) Rs. 400/- (Four

Hundred only). Tickets will be sold from Tollygunj Cash in between 05.09.2014 to 27.09.2014 (11:00 AM to 16:30).

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
18 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Durga Puja Parikrama 2014

You can go through this website

www.calcuttatramways.com/Durga%20Puja.pdf

This is quite cheap and enjoyable. Otherwise there are lots of private tour from various pvt. tour co. also.

http://www.calcuttatramways.com/home.aspx

Edited: 23 September 2014, 20:06