We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near kolkata airport

Antwerp
Level Contributor
351 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotels near kolkata airport

Can anyone suggest me a decent hotel near kolkata airport? I have an early morning flight to catch.

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near kolkata airport

IIRC correct there is a Hotel Ashok-part of a government owned chain right next to the terminal building. I also think there are rooms at the Calcutta airport terminal, may not be great, but probably adequate for a single night.

Antwerp
Level Contributor
351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near kolkata airport

i was told by a travel agnet that hotel airport ashok is closed these days. To stay in kolkata airport, you need connecting flight tickets. I will be arriving kolkata by train.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near kolkata airport

Ashok hotel has been closed for sometime-I would suggest either Hyatt or the Sheraton, they are not that far from the airport.

Antwerp
Level Contributor
351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near kolkata airport

i do not think tis a good idea to spend much by staying in hyatt or sheraton just for an overnight stay. we will reach kolkata t 10 pm and my flight is at 6 am.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,775 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels near kolkata airport

Try a hotel called the The Stadel or Sojourn, just next to the Hyatt. They should have rooms in the $ 25 - 50 range. Hyatt will cost over $ 110.

It will be better for you if you arrange for a taxi or rented car in advance. Taxis might be hard to find very early morning. (before 5 am ?? )

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,775 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels near kolkata airport

Just noticed your flight is at 6 so you have to at the airport by 4 am. Definitely arrange an airport drop, taxis dont show up before 5 - 5.30am.

Jharsuguda
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels near kolkata airport

Please give details of 3 star hotel near to air port.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,775 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels near kolkata airport

I noticed a Hotel called Kings Crown which seems to be 3 star but not stayed there so cannot comment on facilities. Maybe a travel agent can arrange to book the same for you. Another alternative is the Host.

There are many such facilities on VIP Road off the airport. You are sure to find accomodation in one suitable to your liking.

9. Re: Hotels near kolkata airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 06:23