We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decatur sights

Alabama
Level Contributor
64 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Decatur sights

I have a business trip to Decatur, Ala., coming up and want to know what to see while there. My wife and 3-year-old daughter will be with me.

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
108 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decatur sights

Hello Gitouttaheah! Hope you enjoy your trip to Decatur. What month is your trip? If it is warm a visit to Point Mallard waterpark would be nice. This is the first wavepool ever built in the US and other water attractions and is located on the Tennessee River. Bank Street in old Decatur is an interesting place to walk and shop. There are also lots of historic homes in this area too that have been restored. Cook's Natural Science Museum is very interested and has examples of wildlife. This was always a popular field trip site. Check out the Princess Theatre for a play. The Carnegie Visual Arts Center always has a display, and sometimes offers kids' classes. And the Wheeler Wildlife Refuge is a good place to go to view birds. In Huntsville of course there is the Space and Rocket Center. Might be a little old for your daughter.

Have fun!

Alabama
Level Contributor
64 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decatur sights

OK, yeah, it's me, I was "posing" just to see what kind of response I got! Thanks, smiledoc, for the response! I actually have lived in Decatur most of my life. Unless you're here for an event, such as a ball tournament, the Alabama Jubilee Hot-Air Balloon Classic, Racking Horse event, September Skirmish (Civil War re-enactment), Decatur is more of a place to stop on your way to Gulf Shores or Florida.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
1,222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decatur sights

just walking along the tennessee river would be enough for me. it's beautiful!!!!! enjoy your visit!

4. Re: Decatur sights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Decatur