We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant update

Which Fairhope hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,930 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant update

Wash House is still great-nice ambience-good service-menu is a little small

Papas Place has moved into old Gambino location--barely tolerable--food was tired and tasteless. We had stopped going to Daphne location years ago and now i remember why!

Do Carlos at I-10 and 181 has decent Mexican. Nice place --they do not cover everything in cheese sauce so that makes them better than most.

California Dreaming in Eastern Shore center is excellent. Nice menu. When asked our waiter steered me away from roast beef sandwich to cheaper chicken breast-"tastier" and boy was he right.

Kravers is still my favorite fried shrimp place at 181 and 64

Mc Sharry's remains my favorite pub.

Latte Da is great to see locals and have a cuppa joe. Go at 9am to see the local bankers, educators and our resident actor

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Restaurant update

Felschurch........what about Big Daddy's Grill.

Big Daddy's Grill @ 16542 Ferry Rd., Fairhope, AL 251 - 990 - 8555.

http://www.bigdaddysgrill.net/

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,930 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Restaurant update

It's a gem--haven't been there in a few months. Kind of hard for most folks to find. Like to eat outdoors by the river/marina and have the hamburger but my wife likes the shrimp po-boy. Has a good sandbox for the (g)kids. Dave

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Restaurant update

Sent an email to Chappy's in Nashville and they are opening in Fairhope. Opening is "around Mother's Day". I was a big fan of the place over in Long Beach before Katrina took it away. The red velvet cake alone was worth the drive. Looking forward to it!

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,930 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Restaurant update

Had another good lunch at Bimini Bobs last week

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,930 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Restaurant update

And of course i also posted a thread for my great lunch at the Pink Pony in GS yesterday

Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Restaurant update

And....................R. Bistro, Sandra's Place, Dragon Fly, and newly opened Isabella's! All downtown Fairhope and all OUTSTANDING!

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,930 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Restaurant update

Had meals this week at Big Daddy's...ok, Market by the Bay ..good, Sweet Olive's for Fri pizza ...great.and a breakfast muffin with very good coffee, several coffees at latte da...excellent.

Dinner for 10 at Blue Marlin was tooooo slow. Stuffed broiled flounder was salty but tasty

Edited: 02 August 2014, 17:07
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,930 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Restaurant update

In # 45 I mention cloth handtowels at the Grand Hotel back in "11.....gone. Did a tour of the bldg and gift shop.

59. Re: Restaurant update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2016, 20:16
Get answers to your questions about Fairhope
Recent Conversations