We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

guys playing golf, women bored?

Byhalia, Mississippi
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
guys playing golf, women bored?

What are fun things for us women to do while our hubby's are playing golf? We are ages 45 to 50.

10 replies to this topic
1. Re: guys playing golf, women bored?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 July 2012, 23:16

Millbrook, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: guys playing golf, women bored?

Ummm, this is posted in the Florence forum, so Foley and Pensacola are a little out of the way.

Haven't spent a lot of time in Florence area, but there is Ivy Green, the birthplace of Helen Keller, to visit; the Alabama Music Hall of Fame, and I understand there are lots of antique shops in the area.

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: guys playing golf, women bored?

Well, duh. DD...read the stupid forum. I'll get that one deleted. Just saw golf and ran with it...I gotta try that 5 hour energy stuff....

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: guys playing golf, women bored?

Go the the Marriott and get a spa treatment. There's Ivy Green to visit also.

Byhalia, Mississippi
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: guys playing golf, women bored?

What is Ivy Green?

Millbrook, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: guys playing golf, women bored?

See my post #2 - Ivy Green is the birthplace of Helen Keller.

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: guys playing golf, women bored?

If u r near sumrlin hmu

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,910 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: guys playing golf, women bored?

The Rattlesnake Saloon near Tuscumbia is interesting. It sits under a rock bluff so you have the feeling of dining in a cave. They also have a very large deck you can sit on as well. It's not a bar until after 5 in the evening. There's also the General Joe Wheeler home, Pond Spring, in Courtland. If you are into antiques there are several decent antique shops in the Florence, Muscle Shoals and Tuscumbia area.

http://www.wheelerplantation.org/

rattlesnakesaloon.net/Saloon/Saloon_home.html

Alabama
Level Contributor
86 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: guys playing golf, women bored?

In addition to all of the posts above, if you are talking about more than a day or two, you will only be 1.5 hours from Huntsville, AL. Mooresville is a very neat historic community on the way into Huntsville. The space and rocket center is good for a visit. There is plenty of shopping and cute restaurants in Huntsville. The state park there has good trail for pretty walks. I think you could easily fill a day or two with things in Florence and a day or two in Huntsville if you wanted.

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: guys playing golf, women bored?

FYI, this was originally posted a year ago.

Reply to: guys playing golf, women bored?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Florence
More Florence Topics