We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Beach Club

Austin Tx
12 posts
The Beach Club

We leave for our Gulf Shores vacation (Sat-Wed) in 2 days, staying at The Beach Club via VRBO. I booked without doing tons of research on the area (very unlike me!) and upon researching now I see The Beach Club is several miles from Gulf Shores and much quieter. Not that we can do anything about it now but we are traveling with 5 kids ranging in age from 4-17. Are the teenagers going to be bored at The Beach Club?? Is there a good way to spend a large chunk of the day in Gulf Shores even though we will be several miles away- like should we plan on doing a public beach there?

5 replies to this topic
Houma, Louisiana
Destination Expert
for Houma, Orange Beach, Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
757 posts
58 reviews
1. Re: The Beach Club

Are the teenagers going to be bored at The Beach Club??

as a teenager back in 1998, i loved my time here, and it was only at the beach. never did anything except beach time.

Is there a good way to spend a large chunk of the day in Gulf Shores even though we will be several miles away- like should we plan on doing a public beach there?

if you feel like it. there are many public beaches you can go to, you probably could park at a public beach parking lot, and walk to a restaurant. etc.

i think you'll be ok. beach club has amenities and events to keep everyone busy if you choose to do them.

Loxley, Alabama
Level Contributor
681 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: The Beach Club

The Beach Club is one of the nicest resort type properties in the area. It is about 15 miles out Ft Morgan rd but they have a huge beach and a lot of amenities. Check other posts on this forum about it.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
337 posts
3. Re: The Beach Club

While there is plenty to keep you busy at the Beach Club, there are many activities that are easy to get to. Our website can give you an idea of things to do. https:/… Please stop by one of our welcome centers on your way in to town pick up some additional information.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,580 posts
80 reviews
4. Re: The Beach Club

There are plenty of activities to do at The Beach Club. In addition to indoor and outdoor pools, hot tubs, volleyball, basket ball, they have both a game room and an arcade (at the Village Hideaway). They also have all types of water activities for rent directly off the beach. Nearby you have both the Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge hiking trails and the Fort Morgan Historic Site. Gulf Shores is 12 miles away (about a 14 min drive) where you can find The Track amusement park, Waterville USA water park, and Pirate’s Island mini-golf in addition to a small zoo. If you drive into Foley you can also visit the new OWA amusement park (more like a Six Flags/Disneyland) which would be a full day event. So lots to do.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: The Beach Club

Your kids should have fun at The Beach Cmub! Great place

Reply to: The Beach Club
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gulf Shores