Finally went to the hangout last week. Here's my impressions (we ate before we went so didn't try the food)
1) someone dropped a TON of money on this place. it's gorgeous.
2) bars are very strategically placed. huge one as you enter the door and then 3 out back
3) Lulu's should be shaking in their boots. This place has a huge sand mound that kids can play on, chairs for the parents surrounding it, and a bar right next to that
4) pretty cool place to take teens. they have an outdoor stage where bands play and then next to that are beds/couches with white canopies and a seating area around a fire that comes out of white crystals
5) it was kind of chilly the night we went but it looks similar to Lulu's in that they have garage doors that close. not sure if they have AC. if not, another place to check off my list come Summer.
6) gift shop has some hilarious gag gifts
7) parking is a nightmare. they have their own lot off Beach Blvd but it fills up quick. the other parking near the beach was $5
Overall I was very impressed. Parents should love it because they can let their kids go wild on the sand hill and tire themselves out while enjoying a cold beverage.