We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating Places

Which Gulf Shores hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
4 posts
Save Topic
Eating Places

OK so whats the scoop?? Where is the best places to eat Seafood? and then Steak? We are staying next to Sea n Suds and will be going there but what other places are there? Steak places also.

We leaving in the morning so yall watch for us LOL

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating Places

Please tell me you don't have bunch of LSU banners with you... :)

You can do a search for "restaurants" on this forum and it will show you a ton of recommendations.

Seafood: OOH, Shrimp Basket, DeSoto's, Steamer, Mikee's...there's fried seafood everywhere.

Steaks: Jesse's in Manolia Sprins (the letter between F and H on my keyboard isn't workin), Outback in Foley. I don't recommend Jake's Steak House or Cotton's. Just a personal preference.

Birmingham, AL
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating Places

The Shrimp Basket always has great food. I visit Gulf Shores every summer with my family and it is a tradition now to eat at The Shrimp Basket and I haven't ever been disappointed. It is very casual dining with a roll of paper towels on the table but the food is great! Try their oysters, shrimp and/or blacked grouper. Great slaw and hush puppies too! It is located on the main strip of Gulf Shores near Souvenir City. There is also a location in Orange Beach. Enjoy your trip!

Louisiana
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating Places

hahahaha OK now who told ya we are LSU fans? LOL Yep big time Tiger Fans here but no we not bring awhole bunch of flags and stuff. We do have our LSU shirts and hubby has his caps. LOL I was told there are tons of Tiger fans in Gulf Shores during the summer?

We live between New Orleans and Baton Rouge so we definitely TIGER FANS!!!! and SAINTS FANS!!!!

Thanks you guys so much ((((HUGS))))

Gulf Shores, AL
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating Places

You might enjoy Louisiana Lagniappe at San Roc Cay, they put a Louisiana "spin" on our local products. I really like Desoto's and I'm in agreement with DD that Jakes and Cottons are two places that I would avoid...I've had a good steak at Sunset Cork Room as well.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating Places

they also just opened a Longhorn's in the Pinnacle shopping center

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating Places

I've got to agree with the others who've suggested Original Oyster House and the Shrimp Basket--both have really great seafood!

Too funny about LSU--the people next to us on Ft. Morgan had an LSU canopy and we saw LSU stuff all over town! It was an invasion!!:) Hope y'all have a great trip.

Chelsea, Alabama
Level Contributor
583 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eating Places

LouisianaBeachmom...Did ya'll stay at Island Shores??? I think we met on the beach!! If that was ya'll, I hope the kiddies decided to give the gulf another try! Have a safe trip home!

8. Re: Eating Places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 02:20