We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of July Traffic

Which Gulf Shores hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alabama
Level Contributor
703 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
4th of July Traffic

Last year we left the Sunday after the 4th and encountered a nightmare of a traffic jam all the way to 65. We had hoped to avoid this day this year, but due to circumstances, will be leaving on Sunday again. Our condo is in Orange Beach. One of the worst jams was getting over the toll bridge on the Express. Do you think that we would have any better luck going thru Gulf Shores?

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,714 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th of July Traffic

I hate to tell you, but traffic that weekend just is what it is. Tons of people all going the same direction. After you get across the ICW you might look at some of the County Roads to go north.

Gulf Shores, AL
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th of July Traffic

I would not go through Gulf Shores to avoid the traffic!!! It may not be that bad this year though since the 4th is on a Saturday. Most people come on Saturday and leave on a Saturday so this year the traffic will be staggered a bit. Of course that could make it worse :-) and more staggered, if you know what I mean....

3. Re: 4th of July Traffic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2009, 07:43