We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Angels

Kansas city, MO
Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Angels

We will be in GS next week and saw on the Blue Angels website that they will be having practice and an air show.

July 9 and 10

Pensacola Beach Practice

What are the times and location for this practice? Any tips or details would be great.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Angels

check out this post: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g30582-i174-k20839…

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Angels

Hi, I just googled the blue angels

(blueangels.navy.mil/docs/2009_schedule.pdf) and came across their "show schedule" and "practice" schedule. On the practice schedule, it lists Pensacola Beach practices and a show in July and then just has some times listed for other dates (example: July 14, 8:30: July 15, 8:30). Does this mean they will be out practicing over Pensacola Beach on those dates at 8:30?

I'm sorry if this question seems dumb, but I'm not sure if I'm interpreting the schedule correctly and don't want to drive over there that morning from Gulf Shores if there's nothing to see. Thanks!!

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Angels

I think practices are at NAS Museum at 8:30 not on the beach unless it says on the beach--see the verbage at the very top of your page site

Houma, Louisiana
Level Contributor
192 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Angels

I'll be in Dauphin Island next week. Is there any possibility of seeing the Blue Angels fly over during their practices, or is it just too far away?

Thanks

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Angels

Felschurch, Thanks for reading that and pointing it out. So, here's my next question--can we go see the practice at their naval station or are cilivians not allowed on the base (that's my assumption) but maybe b/c of the museum there's a way to get on base to watch practices? If anyone knows more, I'd appreciate the help. Thank you!

Kansas city, MO
Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Angels

My brother and sister in law just got back from Pensacola and said the base is an open base. Just let them know at the gate where you are going.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Angels

The museum and the practices are a first class tourist attraction and will be well attended

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Angels

"I'll be in Dauphin Island next week. Is there any possibility of seeing the Blue Angels fly over during their practices, or is it just too far away?"

It's too far away. They do make it by GS and Fort Morgan in the wintertime, but not during their practices/shows.

If you can, go over. The museum itself is worth the drive!

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Angels

Thanks so much for letting me know about the base--yea! We might make it over this year--very excited!!

10. Re: Blue Angels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 July 2009, 16:05