We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for Fort Morgan- The Dunes Community

Coppell, TX
5 posts
Save Topic
Tips for Fort Morgan- The Dunes Community

My husband and I and our 22 month old twins will be vacationing in the Dunes Community (a house) beginning this weekend. We have never been to the area and would love to hear some tips of where to go and what to do in that area (other than the beach, of course!). I know that Tacky Jack's is right across the street. Is there anything else in that area that we shouldn't miss?

Thanks for the help!

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for Fort Morgan- The Dunes Community

There is a fantastic seafood market near the the beginning of the Ft. Morgan Highway (I think that's Highway 180). It's next to the Chevron station. I can never remember the name of it, and it seems like we've discussed it on this forum many times and no else usually remembers it either! However, the seafood is excellent and they will also steam it for you if you'd like (it's great when they do it and so much easier on you!). They also make a delicious gumbo. We've used them frequently during the past 2 summers that we stayed on Ft. Morgan. I hope you have a great trip!

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,362 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips for Fort Morgan- The Dunes Community

You will see the Beach Club at the 12-13 mile marker. Some good food options

http://www.beachclubal.com/

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,362 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips for Fort Morgan- The Dunes Community

And fireworks at 9pm Sat

www.beachclubal.com/FourthOfJuly2009.htm

Gulf Shores, AL
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips for Fort Morgan- The Dunes Community

Surprisingly enough the seafood market next to the Chevron in Fort Morgan, is called Fort Morgan Seafood Shop :-) Not much originality, but there it is! Just drove past it recently and took note as we never have seemed able to pinpoint its name...

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tips for Fort Morgan- The Dunes Community

Irie--Thanks for getting the name! Who knew--so simple?? Great food there!

Gulf Shores, AL
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tips for Fort Morgan- The Dunes Community

YW Lee, sometimes down here the obvious just doesn't seem possible, it should be something like the "Hoo Wah Mongolian BBQ" that serves fresh seafood to order, right?

There is a Mexican resto down by the Dunes subdivision, it's probably called Crafto...OK just kidding, I think it's Tequila and it's not bad.

I've had a bad attack of sarcasm, sorry...

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tips for Fort Morgan- The Dunes Community

Many good suggestions. Yes, the seafood market you are talking about is Fort Morgan Seafood Market and it's next to Fins Up (old Sunplace Else restaurant) and the Chevron at about mile marker 5.

Further down the road at about mile marker 12 is the Beach Club. Then at about mile marker 17 there is Tequila II mexican place and I believe they have a pizza joint next door. The Fort Morgan volunteer fire station is next door for reference.

And as you mentioned, you are across the street from Tacky Jacks II.

Don't forget to go to Fort Morgan itself!

And since you're so close, may want to think about taking the ferry over to Dauphin Island.

8. Re: Tips for Fort Morgan- The Dunes Community

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 July 2009, 14:05
9. Re: Tips for Fort Morgan- The Dunes Community

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2009, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Gulf Shores
Recent Conversations