We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help picking a subdivison

txtwinmommy
3 posts
Save Topic
Need help picking a subdivison

My husband and 2 year old twin boys traveled for the first time to Fort Morgan last summer. We stayed in the Dunes subdivision and really enjoyed it. We are headed back to Fort Morgan this summer but we are bringing along 2 other couples and their toddlers as well. We know we want to stay in Fort Morgan again and we are trying to pick another subdivision. We loved the Dunes but we haven't been able to find a house that's available in that neighborhood with what we are wanting- plus I thought we should try somewhere else this year.

We have found houses in Heritage Shores, Morgantown, Bay to Breakers, and Martinique communities. I would greatly appreciate any input you have on any of these neighborhoods. Are there any ones we are missing? We have to have access to a pool in addition to the beach and we want to make sure the community is on the gulf side and we don't have to drag 6 toddlers across a busy road.

Thanks in advance for your help!

se kansas
Level Contributor
128 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help picking a subdivison

You might try Surfside Shores. We've stayed there for several years. Try looking at vrbo.com for the houses in the neighborhood. Any from Donna McKillip will be great!!! I know she rents out at least one with a pool. Some of the realty companies also have houses in Surfside Shores. It's a small subdivision where we've always felt comfortable with our kids going between houses. (we've started a tradition in our small Kansas town of several families that head to the beach every summer together)

orange beach
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help picking a subdivison

Morgantown is really nice and family oriented...it has 2 pools and a tennis court...the entire neighborhood is on the gulf side and several homes out htere allow pets....this is one of the few beaches that allow animals....try Relax on the Beach...251-269-6766 they have many nice homes out there and try VRBO for some listings

3. Re: Need help picking a subdivison

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2010, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Gulf Shores
Recent Conversations