We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FREE concert

assumption...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
FREE concert

If this is a free concert, why are they selling tickets?

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FREE concert

Who is selling tickets? I think eBay and Craigslist refused those adds.

assumption...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: FREE concert

If you check some of the other post on the forum, people have already bought tickets fropm somebody.

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FREE concert

Okay. I guess I'm asking "Who are 'they'"?

assumption...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: FREE concert

I can't believe you haven't seen the other posts on this very form. Irodgers5813 from Birmingham, Al had been to the Publix in Orange Beach and they had sold out by 10:05. Another post Fordarama from Beede, Ark got was telling that you should get 4 tickets per family. Another Offwego2 from Kirkwood, Mi. wanted 4 tickets and info on how to get them. and you even responded to another post after they commented that they had got tickets, glad you got them come on down!

Mentioned in this post
Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FREE concert

Sorry. My understanding is that those tickets on Ticketmaster were free. I didn't try to get any so I don't know.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FREE concert

I just posted this same response to another posting about the Jimmy Buffet free concert, but how is this "free" concert going to help the Gulf region? Wouldn't it make more sense to charge something per person and donate that money to the clean up efforts? And, how will 35,000 people on the beach affect the clean up effort? Won't that make more of a mess? I applaud Buffet for trying to help and hope that this somehow helps, but I don't see how that's possible. My experience with anything that is "free" turns into a big nightmare.

Mentioned in this post
The Gulf
The Gulf
1,623 Reviews
Orange Beach, AL
Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: FREE concert

I get the free part. Anything that will show the rest of the country that we are not a devastated war zone will help the region. There are lots of reasons to come to the Gulf Coast, and the beach is only one of them. We're still open for business and I think this event will help showcase that. As far as the 35,000 people on the beach, that is merely a normal weekend day in July.

Mentioned in this post
The Gulf
The Gulf
1,623 Reviews
Orange Beach, AL
Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FREE concert

For those of us who don't live in the GS area, but often vacation there, one of the things we're wondering about is the seafood. Where is it coming from at this point?

I'm asking out of curiosity--nothing more. I wish I were coming down this summer but can't do it for financial reasons. Still, as I've talked with other friends who have now canelled their trips down there, one of the things we've all wondered about is seafood safety, prices, availability, etc. There are lots of things to do in the area but for many of us, eating fresh, local seafood is a big part of the trip. Would anyone be able to give some insight into this (at least what you know right now)? thanks!

9. Re: FREE concert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 June 2010, 15:05
10. Re: FREE concert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2010, 05:17