We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good deals on lodging in Gulf Shores?

Which Gulf Shores hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Level Contributor
3 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Any good deals on lodging in Gulf Shores?

Headed to Gulf Shores next week and looking for a bargin on hotel/motel or rental.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,998 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good deals on lodging in Gulf Shores?

Check VRBO --San Carlos

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good deals on lodging in Gulf Shores?

Meyer Realty is giving 40% off condos and 30% off house rentals. Use these codes: XJUL40 or XJUL30. It's on their web page.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good deals on lodging in Gulf Shores?

Local rental companies and individual owners frequently post their specials on the CVB's website. You can search for the Alabama Gulf Coast CVB and locate the site. It gives you lots of information in one location.

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good deals on lodging in Gulf Shores?

I think we got a very good deal at Seachase condominiums. 7 nights for the price of 4.

Cajun Country
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any good deals on lodging in Gulf Shores?

Check out vrbo - check calendars & if the unit is available email them and ask for their best rate. Most places are currently offering discounts. It's a great time to go!!!

ontario
Level Contributor
113 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any good deals on lodging in Gulf Shores?

I have been searching VRBO today in both the gulf shore area of Alabama and also around Perdido - Pensacola area.

Very few owners are giving any discounts at all.

Most are quoting their usual rates.

This surprises me, especially in Alabama, since they have been under a double red flag on their beaches.

I am finding that I can spend 7 nights in Panama Beach CIty (Calypso Resort) for the same amount as 4 nights in a comparable condo towards Pensacola and Orange Beach area.

Am I missing something?

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,714 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any good deals on lodging in Gulf Shores?

mason1,

Have you called the owners? A lot of them won't change the pricing on the website, but might be more amenable to bargaining on the phone.

Cajun Country
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any good deals on lodging in Gulf Shores?

Mason1

I agree with dd - email or call them!

ontario
Level Contributor
113 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any good deals on lodging in Gulf Shores?

I have emailed the owners. The prices that they are sending are almost the prices quoted on VRBO. Some are willing to discount $10.00 a night, some not at all.

I certainly don't expect huge discounts. Just wondering what others are finding?

I did get a good price on a 3 bedroom at Placio in Perdido Key. $585.00 inclusive for 4 nights .

Is anyone familar with this building?

10. Re: Any good deals on lodging in Gulf Shores?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2011, 05:16