We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time and bringing teens

Michigan
14 posts
Save Topic
first time and bringing teens

i'm running out of time, we plan to arrive in the Gulf Shores on July 30th.

My BF and I are taking our kids, ages: (2) 14 & (2) 16 year old boys and girls. The six of us have never been here.

Want to be in the thick of activity, action, music, loud roudy lively beach/hotel activity. Close to shopping if possible.

I don't know what the "T" is but I'm thinking it's an area that is fitting my descripiton?

Not looking to spend a fortune, and trying to stay on a budget. Only staying for 2, maybe three nights.

Any help would be great,

Thanks,

Lisa

Mentioned in this post
The Happy Shak
Gift & Speciality Shops
Blue Girl Beading Co
Gift & Speciality Shops, Lessons & Workshops
Souvenir City
Gift & Speciality Shops
The Saucery
Gift & Speciality Shops
Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time and bringing teens

The T is the intersection of Hwy 59 and Beach Blvd in Gulf Shores. Many restaurants, shopping places and attractions are within a mile of the T. Keep in mind that GS is not Panama City or Destin...it's much more laid back. Sounds like your group would be interested in The Hangout, maybe Waterville, The Track and some other attractions. You can do a search for them on this board or you can google them for more details.

To save money on lodging, consider a condo across the street from the beach instead of Gulf Front.

Mentioned in this post
Panama City Beach
Panama City Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Waterville USA
Waterville USA
347 Reviews
Gulf Shores, AL
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
579 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time and bringing teens

DD has a good point, there are a lot of condos across the street from the beach and almost everywhere has a private pool. You could try Phoenix All-Suites on the Beach right beside the T as well. For the teens the T is perfect. It dead ends into West Beach and that is where they will find the most people their age. For you and the BF the Pink Pony and the Hangout are right there and you can watch them from the decks while having some cocktails or step right out the backdoor from the Pony in your bikini. There are volleyball courts and beach supplies and lifeguards at West Beach so it's an ideal spot for you.

Mentioned in this post
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
The Hangout
The Hangout
2,443 Reviews
Gulf Shores, AL
3. Re: first time and bringing teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 05:17